Monday, October 8, 2012

A Happy Columbus Day/Canadian Thanksgiving Day Blog

I know, but there isn't too much else I could use for an interesting title so I might as well mention the holidays that are taking place today.

Here's what I've done since last Monday. Monday the 1st was rather boring.... until the evening. Sure, I was at home but I still watched the big game between the Chicago Bears and the Dallas Cowboys. I had no idea how that would turn out. Turns out, Dallas played pretty terribly and that was a key factor in Chicago winning 34-18. I was happy with how the Bears looked.

Tuesday, I went out and about... to Walt Disney World. Yep, humblebrag. I went to Epcot in particular; I needed to use my new annual pass and why not go to their annual Food & Wine Festival to eat some different foods and enjoy the sights and sounds? Sure, the sights and sounds include whiny screaming kids, A-hole parents who do a terrible job raising their kids, and buffoonery caused by people drinking alcohol... but at WDW I am used to bad family behavior and with how Epcot sells booze, it makes things worse. But I still had a fine time there, despite it being off and on rainy. Yeah, I did have some alcohol myself; it was hard cider. I went to the Mitsukoshi store that is in the Japan area; I got some food & drink; they certainly offer some unusual treats there. Also, I have to mention that during this time, a band from the 90's was playing in the stage area. During this time of year they always have some old band/singer performing there. In the past I've walked by performances from Boyz II Men and Hanson. That made me feel ancient as I remember their songs from my youth. Well, this time it was Sugar Ray. Yep, it still made me feel old. The other acts there this year include Howard Jones, Blues Traveler, and Air Supply. Believe it or not, all of these acts are pretty popular, at least from the times that I've walked by them in the past.

Wednesday I laid low; Thursday, I did go out for something great. On the way to Downtown Disney, I stopped to get gas, then once I got there I walked around, ate dinner, then made it into the AMC Theatres before the heavens opened up and it started pouring rain. I heard that where I live, it was real bad weather, with thunder and lightning and a lightning strike real close to the house. I am glad I was at AMC watching a one day only screening of a classic film that was remastered for its Blu-Ray release next month... Lawrence of Arabia. Needless to say the film is still a bonafide classic and it was great seeing it on the big screen, the true proper way to see a film of such scope. It was a long experience as they had some special features before they showed the really lengthy movie; it started at 7 PM and I did not get out of the auditorium until 11:15. I am certainly glad I went and saw it, though. It is a great movie.

As I did absolutely nothing Friday or Saturday besides once again laying low, let me mention a rather interesting subject line to a spam e-mail I got. All it said was, “Grow a big package today.” Alright then...

Sunday, I went and watched the Bears play again, this time against Jacksonville. It was up in Jacksonville, but I wasn't able to pull it together and make it up there. If I would have known way back last December that Chicago would be playing there, I would not have made the trek up there to see the Jaguars play against the San Diego Chargers, and them get their ass kicked. Still, that day was pretty fun overall even with my anger at bad traffic and other things, like some less than intelligent fans who I had to be around. One person who I wouldn't put in that category was that nutty young lady who called herself SPACE CASE. What a wacky enthusiastic Jacksonville fan. I wouldn't have minded being around that loony dame again... I still had a fine time at Friendly Confines, even with the usual idiots that are there, the types that are loudmouth jackasses, bellowing and moaning and even shrieking all the damn time. What drama queen idiots. As I usually am able to do I just tuned them out and watched the games. On this day, the score at halftime between the Bears and Jaguars was 3-3. Not pulse-pounding excitement. However, in the second half they opened up a can of whoop-ass and the final score was Chicago 41, Jacksonville 3. While it would have been nice to have seen the Bears streamroll an opponent in front of a crowd that I heard was filled with Chicago fans, watching it in a sports bar was still a nice experience.

Unfortunately, another lean week for me, as you can see. I am hoping the next blog will have more entertainment involved. I know I'll be going somewhere to watch the upcoming UFC pay per view; the Bears have a bye week so I won't be talking about them. I am sure I will watch Taken 2 sometime this week; I saw the first one on the big screen and enjoyed it for what it was. I'll have to find some activities to do, if only to provide material for me to write about.

No comments:

Post a Comment