Monday, October 31, 2011

No More Days ‘Till Halloween, Silver Shamrock!

I know I have used that joke before, but it’s a reference to a jingle from Halloween III (i.e. the one without Michael Myers) which you’ll never forget if you’ve heard it before. You will wish you had never heard it, I can guarantee that.

So, I had an interesting week which involved me doing some things out of the ordinary. Monday the 24th was dull so I’ll skip ahead to the next day, where I went to Walt Disney World. Heh heh heh. I went to Epcot to enjoy the Food & Wine Festival. Surprisingly I had only been to it once before, a few years ago. While I was there I saw things such as a shithead young kid who looked maybe 13 loudly arguing with his mom (I really wanted to kick that punk right in his still-developing crotch!), but I also enjoyed some tasty treats and yeah, I consumed an alcoholic beverage. In this case it was something I’ve known of for years but never had: a Singapore Sling. It has gin, rum, and some other things in it. Wow, is it strong! It’s not bad at all, just strong. It was a good time there. On the way back I stopped at good old Planet Smoothie, and they have an Apple Crunch drink which is pretty damn good. I highly recommend that.

Wednesday and Thursday were uneventful so I’ll skip ahead to Friday. I went and saw the first of a two night tournament known as the Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup; it’s named after a late local wrestler who passed away almost 10 years ago from cancer; he was only in his early 20’s. Since ’03 they have had yearly shows for him, highlighted by a 16 person single elimination tournament. I’ve been to all of the shows since ’04 and some drama issues involved (i.e. BS with those damned Toadies) I always enjoy going to those events as each year they raise money for good causes, such as cancer research, and stuff gets donated to auction and it’s a really nice thing to attend.

I’ll say more about it on my Livejournal wrestling page*, where I posted something new a few days ago and I’ll post something new sometime in the first half of November, but I’ll be brief here by saying that this year’s edition of the tournament was pretty great. Some hardcore wrestling fans who were there said that this was the best wrestling tournament of its kind ever. I haven’t seen enough to make that sort of judgment… I will say now that out of the JPC tournaments I’ve seen it’s the best ever, and no I didn’t say that in a Comic Book Guy voice. All the guys really busted their ass and didn’t phone it in. So much good action, I enjoyed it, and I’m someone who isn’t as much of a pro wrestling fan anymore as I used to be back in the day. I’ll elaborate on that more on Livejournal sometime in the future, but everyone seemed to have a good time, from the hardcore wrestling fans to the regular folks, and even little girls.

• http://blairreviews.livejournal.com/

Friday night’s show was in Brooksville. It’s a town I’m not a fan of, for many different reasons. I had no problems this time, thankfully. I could have done without the issue of sitting by a young lady-as in, not even in high school, so no it’s not that kind of thing; I’m not a pervert!-who often accidentally kicked or nudged me and never apologized once. Then again, she IS a young teenage girl and otherwise acted fine so I guess I shouldn’t complain as the gal could have been a LOT more annoying.

Saturday’s show was in Crystal River. I didn’t go straight there, though. I took “the scenic route” and visited a random mall first. It wasn’t too large but it still was fine. I ate at Villa Pizza; it’s comparable to Sbarro, which isn’t the best compliment I can give. At least it was quantity over quality. I then had dessert as I had some yogurt. Yes, there’s more yogurt places out there! That is THE hot trend as of late; you know many of them won’t last, though. The one I had was Red Cherry; it was attached to a Chinese food place. What I had was lemon-flavored and was tasty. From the mall itself I got some cheap stuff from FYE. Yes, those are still around, and I did manage to find stuff in there that wasn’t outrageously priced.

At the wrestling show itself I can’t say too much there that I can’t save for Livejournal. Hopefully there will be future editions of the Jeff Peterson Memorial Cup. The attendance wasn’t as great as in previous years. Otherwise I’ll be positive as those events were well worth the price of admission and then some.

Oh yeah, and I did come across some horrid traffic on both days. No wonder why I don’t drive as much as I used to. At least now my car is at the 77,777 mile mark at this moment.

My Sunday was dull; however, from Saturday the 29th through this Saturday, some relatives from out of state are down here in Florida. I know I’ll be doing a thing or two with them that’ll be out of the ordinary.

I’ll actually be back Tuesday the 8th. That’s in part because the next Bears game isn’t this upcoming Sunday but rather a week from today. I’ll be talking about that along with the stuff with the relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment