Monday, November 4, 2019

Doctor Sleep, Terminator: Dark Fate, Coca-Cola Cinnamon & Pumpkin Spiced Madness

Let me catch up and start this off by talking about Friday, October 25th. On that day, I went with someone to the local brewery in town, Suncreek Brewery. It opened earlier in the year but on this day I finally tried them out. The food did taste fine although I was tremendously turned off by one thing: someone thought it was a good idea to have not only loud music, but different loud music playing loudly at the same time. Such things give me a headache and it may be a long while before I return there, despite the extra special bitter beer I had being alright.

Sunday, I had free time so I went to a Total Wine & More to purchase some alcohol, specifically pumpkin-flavored beer; amazingly that location did not have much in that category, but I got what I could. I then tried some place for the first time ever: Tropical Smoothie Cafe. There I got a pumpkin-flavored beverage, along with a sandwich and both were good. The food took some time... it's not the fault of the employees as there was only 2 of them and it was preposterous there wasn't more.

Wednesday, I went and saw Doctor Sleep; for those wondering how this happened when it's not going to be officially released in the United States until this upcoming Friday, the Fandango website presented an early screening of the movie on 400 screens across the country and as The Shining is a tremendous movie, I was hoping I would enjoy its sequel... and I did. It's not legendary like Kubrick's movie, but I wasn't expecting it to be and plus, talk about unfair expectations. All I'll say is that while the movie is highly dependent on The Shining, the movie does its own thing and isn't a rehash... I wish I could say the same thing about Terminator: Dark Fate but I can't; more on that in a bit. 

The only things I'll mention before I get to yesterday's activities: I say Pumpkin Spiced Madness mainly because it's a cool phrase, although it can be used to describe some of the traffic I experienced as of late. Friday, I did go to a Target and among other things, I discovered there was a new Coke product, Coca-Cola Cinnamon. The taste was exactly what you'd expect... which is not a bad thing. As for yesterday, I went and saw Terminator: Dark Fate. The first two in the series have always been incredible, and that can be confirmed by me as I've revisited both in the past year or so. I haven't even checked out all of the sequels, as after Judgment Day many people don't like any of them. Dark Fate, I did not have the highest of hopes based on the trailers, although to me many trailers these days aren't great as they don't always accurately show a movie so it's difficult to judge if a film will be any good. Personally, I thought Dark Fate was pretty bad. Part of it is modern Hollywood tropes that are present which I am sick and tired of... but besides that, the story is SO stale as it's the same old BS again and really, it is a crappy version of T2.

Speaking of crappy, I have not watched the Chicago Bears as of late; from all accounts they looked atrocious against both the Los Angeles Chargers and the Philadelphia Eagles; I was happy not to bother with that nonsense. When I return on Veteran's Day, I won't discuss viewing their next game vs. the Detroit Lions (as I suspect that will be yet another losing effort) but other things will occur and hopefully the week won't include any bad moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment