Friday, October 25, 2019

Joker, Pollo Tropical, Power Outages & The Worst Day Ever?

I will be doing something different; nothing is planned for the rest of the week and as I did something highly out of character on Tuesday due to me losing my cool, I might as well post this a few days early and I'll just go back to a regular posting schedule when I return on Monday, November 4th.

OK, it is hyperbole to state that Tuesday the 22nd was the worst day I've ever had, as in the past I've been in a car accident and some things have happened which I've never mentioned in public. However, Tuesday was the worst day I've had in a long while and as there's a lot to say, I'll begin by stating why that was so horrid; it includes me having to do something very uncharacteristic and something that will shock those who know me well. I finally went and saw Joker; superhero movies usually aren't my bag (so is comic book movies in general) but I am familiar with the character from what I've seen both as a child and adult & it mimicking the style of such things as Taxi Driver did interest me.

Traffic there and back was of course bad yet bad things happened throughout the day. For the first time I tried food at Pollo Tropical... and realized I'll never visit the location in Altamonte Springs again as that was a disorganized cluster**** where the food took way too long to make and the staff was full of buffoons. At least the food did taste fine. Now, the movie itself. I was NOT a fan of it at all; blasphemy to many but it was like an idiot trying to do Taxi Driver, the attempts to tie it in with Batman ruined the story and the main plot that resulted in the “shocking” climax... it was so devoid of logic and common sense, I totally rejected the movie and its “edgelord” attitude. I felt this way even before a bad incident happened in the auditorium where I got mad and actually YELLED at people while the movie was playing!

Bad audience experiences have happened to everything but thankfully only a few have been notably terrible; well, this was the worst I've ever experienced. A group of cretins were acting stupid and I never heard anyone tell them to shut their mouths. For some reason, they loudly left the auditorium but did not exit through the door; rather, they were in the hallway by the door where everyone could still hear them loudly talk and as no one was doing anything about it, I actually flipped out and for the first time ever, boldly confronted them. Like I said, actions like this are just things that I do not do; however, I was already rather peeved (to say the least) by a bad movie so I let them know they were being A-holes and among my quotes was, “Do you even care that everyone else can hear you LOUDLY talking?”

Of course, their response was “hurr... durrr...” (I am paraphrasing here) and they mouthed off to me. Regrettably, I could not bow up to them and further this situation; they looked and acted like ogres and as no one was beside me-whether I knew them or not-and they looked exactly like the type who would finish confrontations via physical violence... for the sake of my personal safety, I had to walk away. Naturally they did not leave right after that, and the only explanation I have as to why they did not leave right away: their IQ's had to be in the 80 to 85 range! Throughout the entire time they were in the auditorium, they proudly displayed their lack of intelligence and common sense. For hours afterward, I was full of adrenaline, not to mention the general feeling of anger over such a thing happening.

The cherry on top of the feces sundae that was Tuesday: the day ended when the power went out at home... for FOUR hours. That was simply a brilliant capper to a day I'll be happy to forget. When I do return on Monday, November 4th... I will talk about what I just finished doing today, which (unfortunately) is another negative experience. However, I don't want Halloween time to be a bitter experience so with any luck, I will also be sharing positive experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment