Monday, November 18, 2019

Midway, Pepsi Spire, Raspberry Magic, Walmart Drama & November Rain

The first event I'll mention is that real early Tuesday morning I had to make... yet another airport run. At least it was Orlando International so the drive wasn't as long, but even at that hour the airport is chaotic and everyone drives like they are clueless, in a variety of different ways. It was also foggy for part of the drive there and back. Tuesday night I streamed the 1976 movie Midway, w/ an all-star cast. That was a first time watch and it was entertaining. That was done because Wednesday night I saw the 2019 Midway, which wasn't as good yet because 2019 has been a terrible year for movies overall and the new Midway did not make me mad, I'll be kind and say it was fine. '76 is better overall and is focused on the commanders, while '19 is more about individual soldiers & their heroics.

The rest of the week wasn't that exciting, except for what happened on Friday night... which caused me to do nothing during the weekend except for one moment I'll mention at the end. Thus, I will mention a few random things first. The movie theatre I saw Midway at required a little bit of a drive and I hadn't been there in a few years. Well, it's completely remodeled and it does look nice, which I imagine you have to do in order to compete as a small independent chain. They had something I did not even know was a thing: Pepsi Spire. It's their version of Coca-Cola Freestyle; I wish it was in more locations as its main gimmick is adding a few different flavors to their regular sodas... thus that is how I was able to have a Mist Twist with cherry and vanilla. Before then I had a gas station dinner and it went about as “well” as expected... my error. Also, a few days this past week it rained, so it was appropriate that one time I heard November rain on the radio. The Orlando radio stations... all of them are terrible overall and their variety is quite limited in scope, so I try not to listen to them. The only thing of note is when one does a Friday night 90's deal as not only is it nostalgia, but the music sounds great compared to the Autotuned tripe we get now.

Anyhow... Friday night, things did not turn out well. I went to a Walmart (I know, some will say that this was my big mistake) to pick up a few items. I attempted to pay for it with a Walmart gift card I got the previous time I was in the store. I use the card to purchase items in the store and to fill up at their gas stations, whether it be Murphy USA or their proprietary branded gas. I say attempted as the woman at the cash register was dumb and couldn't get it to work despite multiple different attempts. I realized I have seen like 10 different ways that those cards have been scanned-including me having to swipe them at the credit card machine-but this clown couldn't have called over someone with a higher IQ to try and do it right. I couldn't raise a stink about it as people were behind me in line and I couldn't say with 100% accuracy the card actually had cash on it (it's Walmart so the cashier from the previous occasion might have screwed up putting money on it) so I just paid via credit card instead. Of course, I then went to the gas pumps to fill up... the card did have 100 bucks on it and that person was a blithering idiot. Figures.

Should people be surprised that I would be happy to stay in for the weekend to avoid the traffic and running into incompetents like that? The only thing I did was on Saturday, where I got dinner from Wawa; that went fine and I saw that the Freestyle machines had a limited edition “Raspberry Magic” flavor for Coca-Cola. I couldn't tell you how it differed from regular raspberry... at least it was decent and I'll have to try the Sprite Vanilla Frost. As for the Bears game against the LA Rams... it was not watched by me and that was the right decision as they lost 17-7 and I would have received more entertainment from watching paint dry for three hours straight.

Nothing's on the agenda for the upcoming week... yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment