Monday, November 11, 2019

Parasite, Earl of Sandwich, Cajun Food & Mountain Dew Merry Mash-Up

This week wasn't too terribly exciting overall, although it did have some moments. Monday I did nothing but Tuesday, that was a positive day. I was at Disney Springs (even with the weather turning into light rain) to see a movie and to have dinner. The movie was Parasite, from South Korea and director Bong Joon-ho; hardcore movie fans will know him for such things as Snowpiercer (which rubbed me the wrong way), The Host-which was pretty cool-and some pictures which I shamefully haven't seen yet, but he's been highly regarded for years now. Many other places before the United States got it so on certain sites and forums there has been plenty of hype for it. Finally, on this day I saw Parasite, and thought of it as tremendous. It's not entirely mainstream yet that is fine by my standards. It blends together a few different genres as a rich family and poor family are followed; the latter grifts the former because they are fed up with poverty, but of course things go wrong. It may be my movie of 2019, as a matter of fact. There are various movies from South Korea I've seen over the years and many were worthwhile, w/ some of them being great; this has to be the best one I've seen.

Dinner was had at Earl of Sandwich, as I hadn't been there in many months. That went fine and I got the amusement of seeing some people not understand the different way you order food there (the meal is ordered at one spot, and no matter if you order any sides or drinks at the second spot, that is where you pay for it all) despite a huge sign hanging up above the first spot explaining the process. Believe it or not, nothing interesting happened between Tuesday and Sunday, unless people want to hear about such things as trips to Walmart (I purchased the returning Mountain Dew Merry Mash-Up, which is a nice limited edition cranberry/pomegranate drink), idiots creeping along on rural roads, or getting a meal at Zaxby's. Thus, let me skip ahead to Sunday, where the Chicago Bears were not watched as I did not expect them to defeat the Detroit Lions and well... Chicago actually won, albeit barely defeating a Lions team that at the last minute had to start a mediocre backup quarterback.

Instead, I went to several different places, including the Mall at Millenia-where among other things, I saw a feral cat roaming the crowded parking lot-and Rocket Fizz in Winter Park, where I picked up both food & drink. In between that was a stop at a place new to me: Tibby's New Orleans Kitchen. A few days previous I chatted with someone I know from Louisiana & the conversation turned to food. It made me realize that Cajun food isn't in my wheelhouse so I should try one of those places. The Tibby's in Winter Park is not in the largest space yet while busy was not overly crowded and the theme was executed well, whether it was all the murals or the New Orleans soundtrack. I had the Shrimp Creole; even with me wanting a little more shrimp, I cannot grouse about the meal overall... or the giant goblet of Abita Beer I had. It is always nice for me to try out new experiences & discuss them here.

There may be no new experiences in the upcoming week... but I should have a little more to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment