Monday, November 25, 2019

Chronic Tacos, IT'SUGAR, More Power Outages & Handbooks for the Recently Deceased

Monday I did not do anything of note; Tuesday was different. I finally tried out a location in Dr. Phillips I had known of for awhile now: Chronic Tacos. It's from California (naturally) and the name does make me giggle. The food did thankfully taste fine; in the same shopping plaza was a Tropical Smoothie Cafe so I moseyed on over there and I realized it must be a company policy to not have enough employees on duty at one time. Except for that, it was nice to have a drink along with a snickderdoodle cookie. On the way back I stopped at a Trader Joe's as my last visit to one was months ago-naturally, the place hadn't changed one bit. While in there I saw a young lady with a purse... I wasn't able to compliment her on it but I imagine others have marked out over her “Handbook for the Recently Deceased” purse; it's a nice Beetlejuice reference.

Thursday, me and someone else went out for dinner and as they hadn't been to the new Sunset Walk area of Kissimmee, that is where they went. They also hadn't been to a Ford's Garage before so that was the location for dinner. That went fine, along with me stopping in an IT'SUGAR store for a few minutes to look around, note that some of their items could charitably be called “expensive”, and still purchase a few fairly-priced treats. Friday... it was why I did nothing during the weekend. No, Friday was not a disaster and in fact I had a nice dinner. It was just that my plans after that were changed due to circumstances beyond my control. I'll explain that in a bit.

Friday I had dinner at a Joe's Crab Shack; besides not having eaten there in months, it's been too long since I've had any shrimp, so that is what I did. No complaints with the meal, the drink or the mostly older music I heard while I was there. I then got on I-4 (where the traffic was far less heinous than I expected for an early Friday evening) and ended up at the AMC in Altamonte Springs, the site of my disastrous Joker screening experience. Now, I think it'll be awhile before I am there again. You see, I was gonna attend an early screening of Knives Out; yes, this is despite the director bearing at least some responsibility for The Last Jedi not feeling like a Star Wars movie... or being a good movie in general. The cast being tremendous was enough for me to give it a shot; unfortunately, when I got there I discovered the screening was outright canceled, due to a power outage! Thank goodness it was at an AMC so the A-List app was used and the only issue with me not seeing it last night is that sometime in the next few weeks I'll have to see the movie when I have free time and the inkling to check it out one day. Not that I was delighted with these circumstances, or how aggravating the traffic was driving back home and how I may have encountered an impaired driver or two.

As previously referred to, the weekend I did nothing. I saw nothing of the Chicago Bears game, where they barely (or maybe it should be bearly) beat a terrible New York Giants team. Thanksgiving, the entire nation-and me at times-will have to witness Chicago play against another bad squad in the Detroit Lions; I know for a fact that will be a contest which will NOT be aesthetically pleasing by any measure. When I return next Monday I'll mention that and other activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment