Monday, December 2, 2019

The Irishman, Thanksgiving, Flash Drives, Discount Stores & Knives Out

The preceding week was more low-key than expected; that still worked out fine for me as I was being old & sensible. Monday I did make the drive and see a special movie that is now on Netflix but wasn't at the time: The Irishman. I think that some Martin Scorsese movies are great and Goodfellas is one of my favorites in general, so I figured this was worth of seeing theatrically as I had the opportunity to. Thankfully, the movie was tremendous and I loved seeing Joe Pesci on the big screen again after all this time. Even the length of 3 ½ hours wasn't a negative for me. The drive back there and back was mostly fine... I did happen to find out that later in the week, there was a fatal two car accident on a rural road I had to use on Monday; I have no idea how it occurred at that intersection as I know it's in the middle of nowhere and visibility should not have been an issue. “Typical Florida” is what I'll say.

Tuesday through Thursday the only activity of note is Thanksgiving dinner, where it was had w/ my parents and my aunt (along with her little dog) stopped by; in addition, on her iPad she had a Skype chat w/ my cousin and I saw part of the conversation. It was a nice day and a nice meal; furthermore, the Bears won their Thanksgiving Day game... albeit, what little I paid attention to it, it was bowling shoe ugly and they barely beat a Detroit Lions team which had a neophyte quarterback,  at least when it comes to the NFL. As for Black Friday, I had to find something else to do as the auto show on Thanksgiving weekend got moved to September, as I mentioned (and attended) at the time. I had ideas... but decided to be conservative and help out my parents. Their printer needed ink so I went to Staples & made that purchase; I got myself a flash drive-I have a few-for personal use. I also purchased a few items at Big Lots & stopped at a Checkers for dinner as the last time I ate there was years ago.

Saturday I did nothing but Sunday was eventful. I finally went & saw Knives Out; due to my schedule it had to be at the same AMC (in Altamonte Springs) where I was unable to see an early screening of the movie due to a power outage. Why, that couldn't happen again, right? As for the movie, a few times I wasn't sure about it and it did subvert my expectations, but unlike w/ The Last Jedi it wasn't in dumb ways that made zero logical sense and completely broke the story. It was a movie I did enjoy and it was a relief that an afternoon wasn't wasted w/ this. After the movie ended, the restroom was visited, as customary... then the power went out. No, I am not joking around. Backup power came on after a few seconds so I could use the bathroom then leave without having to use my phone for light but if this has happened during the movie... “irate” would be an understatement. This time, when I say I won't be back there for a long while, I mean it; the actual reasons for this happening two weekends in a row is irrelevant.

After that I stopped at a Dollar General for a few more items, then stopped at a Dairy Queen as visits to there are also rare... it wasn't the best DQ I've ever visited but alas... when I return next Monday, I have a few plans on my agenda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment