Monday, September 16, 2019

Star Trek: The Motion Picture, IT: Chapter Two & Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge Chapter Two

Thankfully the preceding week wasn't too bad. The first interesting moment was on Tuesday when I had the chance to see IT: Chapter Two. It being almost 3 hours long did give me pause and I still think it shouldn't have been that length. Overall, the movie is fine; the first one is better but I am glad the sequel wasn't bad, which very well could have happened. It was viewed at Disney Springs so while I was there I also had some food; the highlight there was getting a churro from a new stand... yep it was pretty tasty and it comes in like 10 different flavors to boot.

Thursday I had free time so I went and renewed my annual pass at Walt Disney World; I won't toot my horn too loudly about that so instead I'll mention what I did after I renewed it at Hollywood Studios... I went in Hollywood Studios and I knew from the official Disney World app that the preceding week wasn't too busy there. I never thought that 2 weeks after opening, Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge would only have an average attendance, to the point that the lines at the one ride in the land (Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run) would only be 35 to 45 minutes long and if you use the singer rider line the wait is a lot shorter. I mean, in a few hours I got to go on it three times and like the first time back in late August, it was tremendous being on an accurate mock-up of the ship that I have known for much of my life as I saw the original Star Wars films a decent amount of times since I was a kid. I understand not everyone loves the ride itself... I think it's neat and the interactive nature means that there's good reason to go on it multiple times. Turns out that fourth time was the charm in having me and five strangers do not terribly on the ride and get a score that was not poor. I went on a few other rides and it was good times.

Friday and Saturday I did nothing; as I had plans for Sunday this arrangement made sense for me. I went to the east side of Orlando to see Star Trek: The Motion Picture theatrically via Fathom Events. I know not many like it as it's weird and cerebral & tries to be like 2001; me, I never disliked the movie, and it was something I saw when I was a kid via VHS. It was neat experiencing it on the big screen because it has great visuals along with a tremendous soundtrack. After that I ate at a nearby Wahlburgers; I've never watched that phony “reality” TV show about the chain but I've eaten at the downtown Orlando location a few times, although the last occasion had to be several years ago. My time at their east Orlando restaurant went fine and they do make good food. Of course, the traffic on the 408 wasn't good and featured too many drivers driving too fast but unless it's late at night that is always the case. No, I did not watch the Chicago Bears game, even if they did beat the Denver Broncos. The Bears were real lucky to win the game and I discovered earlier today that they were aided by a horrible call. I am still totally “meh” on the National Football League and the whole Antonio Brown thing is yet another gigantic turn-off.

Anyhow, the upcoming week I do have a few plans in mind, including a movie I hope is a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment