Monday, September 2, 2019

Dorian, The Matrix, Wayback Burgers & Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge

The preceding week had its ups and downs. As for Hurricane Dorian, how slow that darn storm is... that is the most frustrating aspect of the storm. I'll be happy when it finally slingshots around Florida and misses it-I hope there are no more surprises with its path. Anyhow,  the first day of note last week was Tuesday; on that day I went to Mount Dora to a Walmart to eat at a Wayback Burgers... yes, it was located in the store itself. The drive there wasn't great: among the “highlights” was someone driving erratic-not to mention slow-on a two lane road, so I passed them when I could. Suddenly, he lost his mind and started tailgaiting me. Finally he turned off so no bad incidents occurred. Besides going to more than one store in Mount Dora, Wayback Burgers (they have locations across the country) makes fine greasy fast food. 

Wednesday, I had more free time so I was gonna visit a Larry's Giant Subs that was located a little bit east of the Orlando International Airport... only to discover that location was out of business. Heck, if that place was closer to me I'd have been there more often. I instead went further south and returned to a place I went to once almost two years ago: a local restaurant known as Toasted, devoted to burgers and grilled cheese sandwiches. Thankfully this time it was not freezing cold in there; my food was fine so the trip was salvaged. Real early Thursday morning (like, the 4 AM hour!) I was on Walt Disney World grounds, for the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge at Hollywood Studios. Thankfully, due to the random blog I found via a Google search, I got correct info on not only when the parking lots would open, but that this would open even earlier than its 6 AM announced time; by 5 I was waiting in line for its one open ride so far: Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run. 

I won't give anything away except that it was actually worth the long wait I had in line. All the stores they had in that section required you to wait in line so I did not do that... in the fall I'll return to check those out and further appreciate the nice job they did in creating that world; it looked tremendous aesthetically and I dug it as someone who watched the original movies my fair share of times as a kid. While this was a LONG day, that was the best way for me to experience all that right away without having to deal with even worse crowds. After that, things were quiet the rest of the week aside from Saturday. If you have a Dolby Cinema at AMC located nearby you (as I do) then The Matrix can be viewed there. Not only had that not been seen in many years, this was my first time experiencing it theatrically. I now fully appreciate that movie for its story, the big concepts it discovers, and yes its unforgettable action scenes. 

When I return next Monday, hopefully there are no hurricane horror stories to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment