Monday, April 15, 2019

Growler USA, Rugby, Lacrosse, Tiger Woods & The Masters

This past week did have some different things to talk about. Monday the 8th I visited a new bar/restaurant devoted to selling microbrewery beers. It was actually online advertising which told me that a new location of the Growler USA chain just opened in the city I live in. Yeah, you can have beers in large growlers but they also have regular glasses that at least are normal-sized. I could nitpick a few things... to be positive, the food was good and I can't complain about the interesting selection or the two beers I had. Tuesday, I had to go to a nearby town on what I'll call “official business” and that went fine; after that I stopped at Walmart to get a few items.

Tuesday evening, I saw parts of a niche sport's game on TV and saw all of another niche sport. A few minutes of a college lacrosse contest were viewed by me but the main event was a rugby game... a rugby league game, to be exact; I know there are differences between rugby league and rugby union. I had seen bits and pieces of prior contests but I figured it was time to see one from beginning to end. It was in the Australian league and the game was between the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and the South Sydney Rabbitohs; it wasn't until just recently that I discovered what a rabbitoh even is: an Australian who sells rabbits as food! Yikes. And Russell Crowe is a minority owner of the team. Anyhow, the game was exciting and it even went into their version of sudden overtime-the Sea Eagles were the winners.

Wednesday I did nothing but Thursday was more interesting. I returned to Disney, Epcot in particular. The tier of the annual pass that I have has some blacked out dates, including around Easter. That is fine with me as the blacked out dates are busy holiday days anyhow so I wouldn't want to be around there. Friday the 12th was the last day for two weeks that I could go there and I wanted to experience the newest rendition of their International Flower & Garden Festival. As typical, there was nice scenery around and there were various food stands around so that was my dinner. As mentioned a plethora of times before, those stands also sell alcohol and plenty of people love getting hammered at Disney, even if it's a rather expensive way to get sloshed. Surprisingly, even though it was crowded

Friday through Sunday, I did go to various stores (including grocery) and I will not go into great detail here except to say that Sunday I did some things and went to some places I hadn't been to in years. I imagine some haters (who for some reason enjoy reading what I write each week despite their proclamations that they don't like me) will come up with not nice ideas as to what I am referring to here... no it is not that. I was out in public Sunday afternoon when Tiger Woods pulled off the incredible moment of winning The Masters. Him having all those mistresses back in the day turned off a lot of people-to me, he was just a typical celebrity-but I was shocked he won as his preceding decade was so rotten no one could have predicted he would win the most famous and legendary golf tournament for the first time in 14 years... people were watching the event on their phones and they were quite ecstatic when he won. Things did not go exactly as planned on Sunday (honestly, that is looking to be my mantra for 2019 even if I preferred it wouldn't be) yet I cannot complain overall.

When I return a week from today, as of now not too much is planned; I am at least happy I can relax on this Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment