Monday, March 4, 2019

Apollo 11, Bubba Cola, 2 In 1 Laptops & Restaurant Repeats

Monday the 25th, I had nothing planned but circumstances happened (I had to assist someone with a technology-related issue) so I was out and for the first time in years I ended up at a Save-A-Lot discount supermarket store. I purchased a few items there, including a 20 ounce bottle of Bubba Cola; there's a beverage I hadn't had in years. It is a generic cola through and through, so overall it is OK. Tuesday and Wednesday, a friend of someone I know was down here in Florida-the other days they were off elsewhere-so this meant restaurant visits. It was the decision of the group and not me to eat once again at Macaroni Grill and Texas Roadhouse. I like both places but I prefer variety myself; still, I couldn't turn down the offer to go and I raised no objections.

Thursday and Friday weren't great days; as is the case, it wasn't one big thing but rather many little things accumulating together into bad times. I'd rather not go into detail on most of it, except to mention that Florida traffic is still bad and I really wish I could have seen a movie on Friday that did not include an audience that had several groups of rude old people who wouldn't shut up. Thursday's “highlight” was a trip to Target and Friday I saw a movie in IMAX that I only discovered was a thing a few nights prior. Apollo 11 was a 93 minute long documentary about the famed mission... makes sense as this year is the 50th anniversary. It is very good as it was a straightforward presentation of the journey and the footage often looked great.

The big event that closed out the week was me helping someone out in picking a new laptop, as the one they had was old and starting giving them troubles. They wanted a 2 in 1 laptop; it would be used only as an “Internet machine” and this person visits but a few websites so that would be fine for their needs. The task of getting one was more arduous than it should have been; I tried one Walmart only to be told that they did not have any (despite the model I wanted being presented on a table for display) and the other Walmart I tried on Saturday, just opening the case where one was stored was way too much of a clusterf... well, a clusterbleep. But finally I got them a Lenovo; it wasn't the cheapest that Walmart had but it was the best for the price. They had some that cost less which was branded RCA yet the reviews online were bad so I knew not to get that. This person is happy with their new laptop so far.

Also on Saturday I went to the outdoor mall known as Winter Garden Village, where I went in a few stores. The highlight there was going into a Target (different from the one I was at on Thursday) and it was remodeled; I was impressed with its look and aesthetic. That was the last thing of note concerning my weekend-suits me fine, as I was happy to relax at home. When I return a week from today, I know I'll have a few things to discuss. Before I close this out, I do have to mention that it's sad Luke Perry has passed away; when I was a kid, Beverly Hills 90210 was a big deal and 52 is too young an age to have a massive stroke then die a few days later.

No comments:

Post a Comment