Monday, March 11, 2019

Jeopardy, Most Shocking, Orange Dreamsicles & Psychedelic Carwashes

This past week had some interesting moments. Monday the 4th, I went with two people to a local restaurant; the local restaurant Oakwood Smokehouse & Grill was chosen, as it's a place I like eating at. Everyone enjoyed their meal, and indeed the place is usually busy, usually with grey-haired denizens. Tuesday I did nothing but Wednesday, that was more active than expected. I stopped at a Barnes & Noble then ate at Twin Peaks, as I hadn't done that in awhile. Well, it wasn't the best experience I have ever heard there, service-wise or otherwise. That is OK, as there are plenty of places to visit again or try for the first time... this month, I should try a restaurant new to me as hopefully it'd go well and at least I would have something to discuss. Anyhow, it was at Twin Peaks that I heard the awful news about Alex Trebek and like everyone else I felt incredibly sad.

Real early on Thursday morning, I had to make another airport run-this was different from the norm as this time I dropped off two people, at two different airports. The first was at the regional Orlando-Sanford Airport, then I went off to the infamous Orlando International Airport, and even at around 6 AM the traffic at the airport is bad and many people drive cluelessly. On the way back I stopped at a Denny's for a bite to eat, and my purchase of their limited edition Orange Dreamsicle drink was a very wise purchase. Friday, I went to a carwash, a new one in town. It was one of those newfangled washes where you drive up to a track and leave your vehicle in neutral as it's guided along a track. While in the wash, they flashed some colorful psychedelic lights and that amused me. That went fine although I did experience the all too common phenomenon of “Rude Floridians”; once you paid you had to wait for a gate to raise up before you could proceed. Well, there were two pay stations and both did not immediately raise, because the wash was busy at the time. Well, both cretins in front of me were not smart enough to realize this so they constantly honked their horns; such behavior happens often down here. There is no shortage of dumb people around here, which makes me glad that I do know plenty of nice ones... people who are not fools.

The weekend, I only went out on Sunday-but it was a long day as I went to a variety of different places and spent a lot of time out; this included various outlet clothing stores. Sometime this week I will go through my clothes and donate what I don't need to Goodwill; I will never be on a Best Dressed list and I don't even want to mention how old some of my shirts are, but I figured it was time to update my wardrobe and indeed I did purchase some new shirts yesterday. Of course, I also nearly got into a wreck when someone swerved into me for absolutely no reason... “typical Florida” is what I have to say about that.

To close this out, in the preceding week I did revisit on YouTube some episodes of the CourtTV show Most Shocking, which was videos of such things as car crashes, chases, criminals doing wild things, and whatnot; back in the day CourtTV was my channel in the evening, then they “rebranded” as TruTV and became the home of horrible fake “reality” shows and now I haven't watched that channel in many years. Anyway, when I return a week from today, hopefully there will be no more near-accidents.

No comments:

Post a Comment