Monday, February 4, 2019

The One Time Where I... Did Not Watch The Super Bowl!?

At the end I explain why I made that call, and how it turned out to be a much better move than even I could have predicted. If you missed it, on Friday I made a special post where I talked about what I did this past Thursday: attend a funeral and visitation. I wrote so much I wanted to make that separate. In short, it was a sad day yet it was a nice tribute and I was happy to meet some new people while eating the catered dinner after the service; that did help considering it was a rough day for me and many others.

Monday I did nothing at all; Tuesday was different. I had free time so I returned to a Walt Disney World park for the first time in a few months. Hollywood Studios was the one I chose and last year they changed the entrance... it is now off of Osceola Parkway and to be honest it's preferable to the old entrance on Buena Vista Drive. I went on a few rides and also talked to Guest Relations about a minor issue I had with my account. After that I finally ordered a new MagicBand as I had the original version for all these years... it still worked but I knew that wouldn't last forever. Wednesday I went to Kohl's to buy some new clothing that I wore on Thursday; I needed new black slacks anyhow.

Friday, I went to my local bank and Saturday I returned to the Mall at Millenia area. I did not go into the mall itself as it was still way busier than usual so I instead purchased some cheap items from the nearby IKEA (including food and drink, of course) then I tried out the Tutti Fruitti frozen yogurt shack that was also in the general area; I had the taro flavor, as that is a fruit I had never tasted before. It was unique but not bad.

Sunday, I did not watch the Super Bowl. I have mentioned before why I have been down on the National Football League in recent years and recently I have realized that when I do these, I really should be more positive... after all, recently someone said that I look like a 22 year old (flattered, yes I was) and many people have it worse than me so I shouldn't complain. I know some did not watch because of the whole Kaepernick thing and that's understandable... there are many reasons why the league is insufferable, from what happened to the Saints two Sundays ago to how they might as well cover the quarterbacks in bubble wrap they are so protected... I realized I did not care to see the game, the halftime show or any of the commercials (most of which were online before the game even started) so why not go to Walt Disney World instead?

To be exact I went to the Magic Kingdom; even on Super Bowl Sunday, that place was still busy until right before the fireworks started at 8 PM. I went on a few rides, ate dinner at Sleepy Hollow (an underrated spot located at Liberty Square... it has only a few items but I do recommend the quick service joint) and even got the treat of seeing the fireworks start while I was on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. I got to see most of them as I walked around... and from all accounts, it was far more fireworks than were in the actual Super Bowl game. Not even I expected that game to be bad because neither team's offense was really all that good. It just sounded so bad, my decision suddenly looked like a stroke of genius. The halftime show sounded like a real stinker so I do not regret my decision at all. I won't even brag about the weather yesterday as many people I know had to experience those Arctic conditions a little less than a week ago.

When I return a week from today I know what I'll write about won't be as event-packed as what happened in the preceding week but I know I'll stumble into an adventure or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment