Monday, February 18, 2019

Orange Vanilla Coke, Swamp People, Louisiana French & Ford's Garage

I will note two things to start off. I only found out about Orange Vanilla Coke being a thing... I couldn't find it on Saturday, either at a Walmart or a small supermarket which used to be an IGA (which brought back memories as when I was very little, there used to be an IGA in my hometown) but is now independent. I have made that drink before at a Coca-Cola Freestyle machine by pouring Orange Coke and adding in a little of Vanilla Coke-I imagine it professionally being combined will be quite tasty. The second thing is that I failed to mention the last time that on Saturday the 9th I went with two people to the local Texas Roadhouse restaurant as one of them had a birthday and chose to go there. It would have been nice if all the fries would have been fully cooked but alas... at least my burger was fine.

Last Monday through Thursday weren't too terribly exciting. I mean, one night I streamed the episode of Live PD that I missed from the previous Saturday-thank you to my cable provider for that service-and another day I went to Pizza Hut for food but that's about it for excitement. I know, I know about Pizza Hut and its quality... they had a deal where I could order two items from about 10 different selections for only 5 dollars each, so I had a medium pizza and stuffed garlic knots. There are no complaints considering the price. Thursday night, I actually watched an episode of a reality television series. I don't otherwise watch that genre, as most of the shows are obviously staged and phony... and whether or not they are, almost all have it where people-whether by coercion or not-are complete A-holes to each other and I have zero interest in such garbage. The only reason I saw Swamp People was that I was talking to a girl online (no, it's not one of those relationships; I've been friends with her for a few years now) who lives not too far from where the show is filmed and even though she is not Cajun herself, it was amusing to see and hear a bunch of Cajuns on the show... not that I am hating on what I am sure are very nice people. They just have a one of a kind accent, you know. I did learn that “che”-sometimes spelled as “cher”-meant “babe” in Louisiana French as one guy kept on calling his girl that. The show wasn't awful but I don't see a reason to watch the other episodes.

Friday I went to Chick-fil-A; my going there is not necessarily an endorsement of their religious/political views. My trips there are infrequent and my reason for going there is that a location opened real close to me so I wanted to visit; that went fine. Saturday, I ate at a nearby Ford's Garage. I've mentioned that restaurant before as on a few occasions I had been to the one near Tampa and last summer the location in Lakeland; this was my first time at their location in Orlando. It's in a busy area by an outlet mall so who knows how often I'll go there... that is not a slight against that particular establishment as nothing went wrong while I was there and the food was tasty. They had an outside seating area so that's where I was... and saw the aftermath of a minor fender-bender. As I have said before, I am surprised I do not see more of those... I do not want to belabor the same points I make all the darn time.

Sunday, I stayed at home and relaxed. I actually offered to pick up some people from the airport yet someone else volunteered... I do know that is a task I'll be doing a few times in the upcoming months. When I return a week from today, I know there will be one day where I should have a few things to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment