Monday, November 5, 2018

Post Malone, Halloween, Broken Strings Liquid Vinyl & Flintstones Vitamins

Yes, for once I'll talk about modern popular music. For a long while now I've thought that most modern popular music is just terrible so I don't even bother trying to follow it. Post Malone... first off, he's a white rapper so points off right away. What he calls “music” is manufactured nonsense AND all he does is Autotune garbage. I only need to hear snippets from a few songs to have my mind made up... actually, to be honest I mostly had my mind made up after first viewing his repulsive physical appearance! 

Anyhow, a few days ago on Twitter I retweeted a Washington Post article where a music critic just eviscerated Malone and modern popular music in general after a festival appearance. Many colorful phrases were uttered and I thought it was great. Well, someone I know did not like the article and gave some reasons why. I am not going to argue with him about it as I know no one's opinion will change after a tete-a-tete so it would be a waste of time. Why he and millions love that “music”, I'll just never understand; the fact that afterwards both Malone and his dad became real butthurt about the article and started harassing the writer... “trash” is the word that comes to mind. I am much happier listening to old tunes I am already familiar with or exploring songs from the past that are new to me. Now, back to business: 

Last Monday, I went with someone to the local Applebee's. Regrettably, things did not go great there. The service was fine and I can't complain about my meal, but the someone tried the riblets and hated them; to me they did not look too appetizing. Plus, when we first walked in, some ghetto (and terrible) modern music was playing; eventually they changed it to a station playing older tunes but it suddenly became LOUD and again, like the previous week I wasn't a fan of that. Tuesday I did nothing and Wednesday was Halloween; unlike in the past few years, a decent amount of trick or treaters came around and that was good. I will always have fond memories of going around the neighborhood with my two sisters and mom each Halloween season when I was a little kid... oh so many years ago. On that night I had a locally made drink that was supposed to make you not as hungover... I had it before I consumed some alcoholic beverages. I am not sure if it had any effect but amazingly, it tasted just like the orange Flintstones Vitamins I had when I was a real little kid. Even after a few decades I still have not forgotten such a distinctive taste. 

Thursday, I went to what is now known as ICON Orlando 360, which is the area around the ICON Orlando 400 foot tall Ferris wheel. It'd been awhile since I roamed around there; I ate at the Yard House, a place I had been before. Dinner was consumed and so was some craft beer. The one I'll mention is the local concoction known as Broken Strings Liquid Vinyl, which is a dark IPA. Sounds odd, but it was fine. I also went into Shake Shack for a shake... wise decision on my part. Friday, I will not mention all I did but I will bring up the visit to the nearby Twistee Treat... it is outdoor buildings shaped like ice cream cones and as someone I know had a 2 for 1 coupon about to expire, we went there. Getting rained on while waiting for the treats was no fun, but at least said treats were tasty.

The weekend I did nothing at all; Sunday was a rainy day so being at home was A-OK. At least the Chicago Bears easily defeated the Buffalo Bills... sure, the Bills are now terrible and had to start a terrible quarterback, but it is still a blowout victory. When I return a week from today, hopefully I'll have more to discuss... and there will be less in the way of salty takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment