Monday, November 19, 2018

Zaxby's, Flanagan's, Typical Nonsense & Mountain Dew Merry Mash-Up

Even for me, not a whole lot happened this past week so this will be a little shorter than usual. This past Monday, I went to the local Zaxby's restaurant in town. I had been to other locations of that Southern chicken-focused before but for some reason I never had tried the one only a few miles away from me, even though I think it has been there for two years now, if not longer. That was a fine meal I got from there on this day so I should frequent the place more often. Tuesday and Wednesday, I did nothing of note, except that I stopped at a convenience store and purchased a 20 ounce bottle of the newest limited edition Mountain Dew: Merry Mash-Up, which is the odd-sounding combination of cranberry and pomegranate. It was actually not half-bad.

Thursday, that was a hectic day-I say that only due to how wretched traffic was. Two of the main drags I took to the Orlando-Sanford Airport to pick someone up ended up being traffic jams due to accidents. Thus, I had to take alternate routes to get to the random “sports pub” I stumbled upon online the night before. I saw high ratings for Flanagan's in Longwood so I gave it a shot. It was a smoking establishment-which was news to me-but while I am not a fan of cigarettes I was able to put up with that. Many states (including Illinois) has banned smoking in restaurants and clubs but not Florida. At least the food was good, the staff was fine, the music on the jukebox included the entirely of Rush's 20 minute song 2112, and some random guy even paid for my beer. I picked up that person from the airport and on the way back I not only passed by another wreck but some A-hole drove by me going AT LEAST 100MPH... regrettably he wasn't the one who later crashed and I was crestfallen a cop car wasn't around at the time.

Friday through Sunday I really did nothing at all, unless people want to hear about my trip to Walmart to get some miscellaneous items. At least there were things I could do at home, like watch LivePD and halfway pay attention to football... even the Sunday night Chicago Bears game against the Minnesota Vikings. Chicago won 25-20 as they finally faced better competition. There was the typical nonsense that has ruined the NFL and it had an impact on the game, but at least the Bears won.

When I return a week from today, I should hopefully have more to discuss; at least I know of a few things I'll be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment