Monday, October 22, 2018

Michael Myers, Citrus Swirl Floats, Smirnoff Ice Smash & Chicken Guy!

Monday through Thursday had only a few exciting moments. One day I went to the Magic Kingdom, because why not? I have an annual pass so it means I don't have to stay there for many hours if the place is hotter and more crowded than expected, which it was on that day. Still, I spent a few hours there, went on several rides, had a meal, and the treat I had was a citrus swirl float from the Sunshine Tree Terrace, which was a good decision on my part. One early morning I had to drop someone off at the airport... yes, again. After that I had a tasty meal at the nearby Denny's.

Thursday itself had me at Disney Springs. First, I ate at a new restaurant called Chicken Guy!... the exclamation is in the name. It's a quick service place and only after entering the place did I realize the Guy was referring to Fieri; he is not lacking for restaurants he has some ownership in. The food was pretty good, thankfully. After that I went into the AMC to see the new Halloween, and in the Dolby Cinema, no less. The original film from 1978 is still a classic; most of the sequels ranged from OK to pretty bad. This new film is good so it's one of the best entries, but considering all the high praise I heard I was hoping for something I would love... instead, I only like the film. Alas. I won't go into details as to why I feel that way, except that there are some pretty stupid moments.

Friday I went to a Walmart to get a few items, and that was the “highlight” of the day. Saturday I did nothing at all. I am not carping about this as at least I had other things to do, like watch Live PD. The episodes this past weekend and the weekend before: incredible. The number of insane people, car chases, suspects running on foot, drunken fools... tremendous entertainment, it is. I did have a drink that I purchased recently at Total Wine & More. It was a Smirnoff Ice Smash, which I will just presume is a big hit among the college kids as not only do I understand they still drink Four Loko but this is 23.5 ounces at 8 percent alcohol... I mainly purchased the drink for laughs and because it was a few bucks. I tell you, it goes down a lot easier than a Four Loko.

Sunday was interesting. I did not pay too much attention to the Bears game; they played against the New England Patriots and I expected a big fat L and that did happen, even though they only lost by a touchdown and were literally a yard and a kick away from tying it at the end. To me that's worse than them getting their butt kicked so I am glad I went nowhere to watch that. While I did go to the local Wawa for a sandwich and to pick up a Mega Millions ticket (how can I turn down a minuscule chance at winning a 1.6 billion dollar jackpot?), my entertainment was in the evening: first was the drive to a place I had been only once or twice before, called Gator Joe's; my parents dig it. It is in a middle of nowhere town called Ocklawaha, which does have a claim to fame... those that known the 20's and 30's criminals the Barker Gang-led by Ma Barker-that city was their final stand in a showdown with police back in 1935. Anyhow, that place has decent food so it was about time I returned there. On the way back I went to another place I hadn't been to in a long while: Rural King. As I've mentioned in the past, that place is exactly what you'd expect from the name-including NRA and Smith & Wesson shirts... think of that how you will. I purchased several items there, including really cheap jeans.

I could once again complain about traffic this past week; I won't because it's something done by me all the time but one moment I do have to bring up: on Sunday while in a town I was passing a car (it was a four lane road) and out of nowhere a minivan started to pull out right in front of us! Both horns were blown and both vehicles slammed on their brakes before I swerved around that fool, who stopped in the middle of oncoming traffic. Things like this happen all the time in Florida, no kidding. Hopefully in the upcoming week there will be no further near-misses for me to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment