Monday, October 8, 2018

Hell Fest, Dumpster Fires & Skywalker Vineyards Sommita Pinot Noir

Last Monday through Wednesday not a heck of a lot happened. Sure, the Chicago Cubs ended their season by falling apart at the very end and flopping in the playoffs, but alas... I did take a trip to Walmart but that went as expected and nothing noteworthy happened there. Thus, I'll mention the film Hell Fest, which I saw during this time. The trailers made it look cool and despite the mixed reaction it has gotten from all walks of life-meaning, not just critics-I was hoping for the best. Well, I thought it rocked. It is like an 80's slasher in some ways and I appreciated how this was R-rated and thus some of the kills were rather graphic. The aesthetic and atmosphere were great, so it's a shame more people did not enjoy Hell Fest.

Thursday, I had the opportunity to go out and do something, so I made my return to the Food & Wine Festival at Epcot. I did not need an excuse to attend that festival or have the opportunity to consume a few drinks but there was a great reason for me. Thursday happened to be the 39th birthday of Rachael Leigh Cook; I lavished plenty of praise on her back in July... for a long time I fancied her so it was magical getting to see her in person back in July at a comic-con. I rate her cosmetic looks quite highly, but in addition she is quite funny and as I can attest to, she is very nice... and even when anxiety made me act even more socially awkward than usual during that professional photo I put on social media the next day then the short chat I had with her at her table as I purchased a photo she signed, Rachael was quite kind and I'll always appreciate that. Anyhow, I had food & drink there, so naturally I had a good time. I had wine both from Kurt Russell's winery (this wasn't the first time moment for me) and from George Lucas; of course that is known as Skywalker Vineyards. Both were tasty pinot noirs... not that I am an expert at that as wine isn't usually my drink of choice. As I've mentioned before, it's now become a popular thing to attend these Epcot festivals and wear shirts bragging that you are going to become drunk. It's definitely an expensive way to get hammered.

Friday I returned to the downtown area of where I live; this time I was with someone as we had food from the various food trucks around. There wasn't as many there as usual but it was all good as we both found meals that were decent. Saturday and Sunday I did nothing at all. At least I watched Live PD and on the Saturday edition of the show, a dumpster was literally on fire. Of course this made me laugh, as I often refer to things as dumpster fires. Speaking of that, the National Football League on Sunday... what I saw of the games yesterday, it was the usual nonsense from the league which leaves me “meh”. As the Chicago Bears had a bye week, at least I did not have to pay too much attention to all the kickers performing poorly, or those genius NFL head coaches who called the dumbest plays when they tried to score touchdowns or otherwise win the game.

When I return a week from today, hopefully I'll have more to discuss.

No comments:

Post a Comment