Monday, September 3, 2018

Iron Man 3, Honey Pot Milkshakes, College Football & The Ultimate Warrior

On this Labor Day, I will regale everyone with what I did in the preceding week. Last Monday I did nothing at all but Tuesday me and someone else went to the nearest location of a Florida chain I've mentioned various times over the years... Gator's Dockside. They have tasty food so perhaps I should go there more often. The fact that they played 80's music the entire time we were there: excellent. Wednesday I did nothing but Thursday I returned to Disney Springs. It was nice to walk around there; the main reason why I visited was to see the film Searching. It was like a much more serious version of an Unfriended movie as John Cho tries to locate his missing teen daughter and it's all through the perspective of laptop screens. It is something I can recommend as it's a very satisfying thriller and Cho was great as the lead.

Besides the movie, I walked around for a bit and I listened to a few songs that were spun by a DJ spinning tunes in an open area; various people were dancing around, NOT including me. I also went into Vivoli Il Gelato, a location I'll have to visit again to try the various tasty treats they have... the only thing I got from there was known as a Honey Pot Milkshake; while not cheap, it was very good so no regrets there. Friday, what a day it was. I won't go into the reasons why I in general don't watch the modern comic book/superhero movies but in general they aren't for me. However, I had seen Iron Man (pretty good) and Iron Man 2 (pretty bad) so it was about time I finally saw Iron Man 3, right? Beginning a few days ago and ending in a few days, many IMAX locations are showing all the old Marvel films so that is what I did on Friday. Plus, it was in 3D.

Overall, I'll say the movie was good. On the way back home, I stopped at an Ale House that was just off a toll road in order to have a drink. An intoxicated middle-aged woman was there with her pals and her antics did inspire some laughs from me. What I did before the film was real interesting. I hadn't been to a World of Beer in months so this seemed like the right time to go; the one that was right by the IMAX screen I was at on this night... that WOB closed down, so instead I was at the one right in my city. Besides dinner, I'll mention the one beer of note I had; it was from Orange County Brewers (meaning it was local) and the IPA I had known as Ultimate Warrior was fine. Yes, it was on tap and from the handle I can tell you it was named after the late WWF wrestler... of course I had to give it a try.  As I left the place to go and see the movie, I saw the damndest thing... someone falling out of a moving vehicle! No, I did not see a tragedy. Rather, the vehicle was only going a few miles an hour and this person (OF COURSE a white young male) did it on purpose as he was just a jackass trying to impress his buddies, to put it bluntly. In fact, may I be so bold as to say that unfortunately he was uninjured? Doing things like that, you're asking for something horrific.

The weekend I did nothing of note, which is fine as there was rainy weather and I could do things like half pay attention to the start of the college football season and catch up with various podcasts. Plus, not dealing with traffic that will be even more hectic than usual due to the holiday weekend... a plus. For the upcoming week, I have a few ideas as to what I'll be doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment