Monday, September 17, 2018

The Predator, Saltgrass Steakhouse & Drunker Than Cooter Brown

No, I am not talking about me getting drunk. Rather, it's a funny Southern United States colloquialism I have known of for a long while now and considering some of the places I visited, I am surprised I did not see anyone that impaired. Anyhow, here's a recap of my preceding week. Monday I did nothing but Tuesday I did go somewhere, even though I'll always feel somber on 9/11. My annual pass at Walt Disney World was about to expire so I went to Epcot for the process of renewing, then enjoyed the Food & Wine Festival. It was largely what you expect, both in terms of what they offered and some people there excited for the experience as it's almost become a meme now for a few to get highly intoxicated due to all the different alcohol they sell at all the food stands. It is easy to get drunk there but as should be obvious, also rather expensive to be wasted there. I'll return there at least once more as I only had part of what I wanted to consume; at least one of the items I did have on this day was a mai tai, which was good.

Wednesday was dull but Thursday I saw two movies on the big screen. The first was Smokey and the Bandit; AMC was not the only chain to have at least one showing of it a day but of course I went with AMC as I could pay for the ticket using the A+ app; as I mentioned the last time, I also saw the movie on the big screen back in 2011, and Burt Reynolds was there in person... it was a great night. This time, the crowd wasn't rabid for the movie... I can't complain as it is still very funny even under those circumstances. After that was The Predator; talk about a film that experienced a lot of controversy even before it was released. I won't address the most scandalous moments but it was obvious the movie was tinkered with in post-production as it was so choppy and uneven. I did not hate it like many did... but the best I can say is that it was OK overall. At least the film was watchable; unfortunately, the final act happens and it's even a bigger mess than the rest of the film and my opinion of The Predator was lowered. There was too much humor and only a percentage of it was funny, a claim I can make about plenty of modern movies these days.

Friday and Saturday were dull; I only went to local places such as Walmart and Culver's so instead I'll talk about an interesting Sunday. On that day, I half paid attention to the mediocre NFL action. In the late afternoon I left to visit a place new to me but was a chain that began in Texas and has begun to spread out. It was an ad during a college football game I half paid attention to on Saturday which mentioned the Saltgrass Steakhouse; I looked them up and saw they actually had a location within driving distance to me. It was out of the way for my ultimate journey to the Sanford Airport (yes, another airport run... and I'll have to do it again next month) yet I was too interested to wait any longer. The place was what you'd expect, and they did have good food. The trip to the airport and back went about as expected; of course there was poor drivers on the road and people going way too fast, but that's about every time I am out in the vehicle.

Next Monday, I have a few ideas as to what I'll be discussing; I know I'll have the “joy” of talking about two Chicago Bears games.

No comments:

Post a Comment