Monday, July 23, 2018

Unfriended: Dark Web, Crispy Pretzel Chicken Fries & The Equalizer

Here's what I've done in the past week. Needless to say, it was far less exciting than the week before that, where I had an insane 24 hour period... between attending a wrestling show and seeing plenty of people for the first time in years (and the action included people being tossed into palm trees) and attending a comic con after not having a lot of sleep and swooning over a celebrity... I do feel wistful that it will be a LONG time before I can have such a crazy and memorable weekend again. Still, I won't feel down about it and instead I'll be happy that it happened. Sunday was more eventful than expected but more on that later.

Last Monday itself was not exciting at all... except when I posted that photo of me with Rachael Leigh Cook on Facebook; many people liked it. I rarely post photos on my Facebook account & I'll presume many (especially those around my age) thought something similar to, “Holy bleep! Blair is posing with the girl from She's All That!” Holy bleep indeed, I can't believe it happened either. Besides the fact that I've always found her to be rather attractive-and she still is, especially in person-her being very nice and is also pretty humorous on Twitter & Instagram... greatly appealing to me. There are plenty of pretty celebrities who for whatever reasons I find to be annoying or worse... I wrote about this at the time but in 2012 I tagged her in a tweet after mentioning I had seen one of her movies and she replied & thanked me.

Tuesday the highlight was me getting food from Chipotle and Wednesday was yet another airport run. That hopefully will be the last one I'll be doing for awhile; on the way there I stopped and had lunch at a Burger King, where I tried their crispy pretzel chicken fries. It sounded a little unusual yet was actually not bad. Thursday, I did go out and see a film. I saw the first Unfriended on the big screen and it was something I did dig; the movie was pretty polarizing as a lot of it was gimmick and the people you follow are ridiculously awful teenagers. Well, I am happy seeing awful teens being killed (and Old Man me doesn't get teenagers these days anyhow) so while absolutely ridiculous, I don't regret seeing the movie.

I can say that Unfriended: Dark Web was just as fun for me as the original. The people you follow are a lot more likable (they are young adults) and in comparison, the plot was not as far-fetched. The crowd I saw it with were fans and much to my relief they were far better than the awful audience I had to deal with recently. Friday and Sunday I did nothing at all and Saturday the “highlight” was me going to Walmart for a few items. As that was a normal trip with no calamities or interesting anecdotes, I'll close this out by mentioning something I have brought up before: you won't see me watching Shark Week. There are plenty of reasons for me to think it is garbage; I hear a lot of what they show is obviously staged & phony in some way... Sunday afternoon I saw proof of it for myself. I ended up seeing the ending of a show the Discovery Channel was replaying from a few years ago, about a “mega shark.” The conclusion of course had the titular mega shark show up... but it was OBVIOUSLY CGI, and bad computer graphics at that. My intelligence was insulted. From an ad I know one of the shows this year will be “Naked and Afraid of Sharks”... why are they naked?!

Also on Sunday afternoon, problems began with the air conditioning. I tried my best to fix it but of course most of that is way above my capabilities so that'll be left to the experts. Them possibly not coming until tomorrow is no fun but I understand. It was very fortunate the problems only began after the rain started and it was never unbearably hot inside; it rained until late in the evening. Still, I thought it best if I got out of the house. Thus, my activities for the evening were to see The Equalizer for the first time then watch the sequel on the big screen. I now know the first is a little better (where the final act takes place: hilarious) but both are pretty entertaining and it was great seeing Denzel Washington wreck a bunch of dudes and plenty of violent deaths. I was fine on the rainy drive to and from the cineplex; many weren't. Wrecks were common, and I know me complaining about Florida drivers is a tired trope but they really did not help themselves last night; I saw a lot of carnage.

Hopefully I'll have a cooler upcoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment