Monday, July 31, 2017

The One Time I Dealt With A Lot Of Ennui

Yeah, this won't be my most eventful review. I thought about doing various things but because of various reasons, I decided to stay in or remain low-key and visit some spots in town that aren't even really worth mentioning. I used the word ennui and it fits as I had that dissatisfied and listless feeling where I didn't feel like driving anywhere far or being outside in the hot humid Florida summer or dealing with any rain... hopefully the next time I post I'll have more exciting things to talk about; as is, this will be short compared to usual.

Monday through Wednesday, the only thing of note was on Tuesday, when me and someone went to the local IHOP restaurant. That went well for me as I rate their new cupcake pancakes pretty highly; regrettably, the person I was with had a problem with their eggs... yes, the restaurant found a way to screw up making eggs. Once that was fixed, at least they liked their food too. Thursday, I returned to the Florida Mall as I hadn't been there in awhile; I looked around and saw there were some new stores. I got a random shirt from the U.S. Polo Association store and got a random drink from Jamba Juice. It was nice to do some walking around in an indoor location, for sure.

Really late Friday night, I had to make yet another airport run. It was to Sanford; on the way back I stopped at a Denny's for a bite to eat. It was at Altamonte Springs, at a location I'd been to before. It was remodeled, and the food was what you'd expect. I'd like to say that driving home when it was almost 6AM meant I had no problems on the road, but I'd be lying. In the past I have had issues while on the highway at that time, and this time it was some jamokes passing me... I had the windows open since it was in the 70's at the time and one clown in the clown car literally yelled at me. Yes, yelled, then they sped off. I'll presume all the individuals in the clown car did not possess a high IQ; for certain, this was the first time such a thing happened to me.

Saturday and Sunday, the highlight there was going to Chipotle, so I'll close this out by saying that August should be more entertaining for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment