Monday, July 10, 2017

Baby Driver, Orlando City SC, Froot Loops Shakes & General Buffoonery

I did do some interesting things in the preceding week. I did not go out on the 4th... then again I haven't done so in years. It's best just watching some fireworks on television; that is enough to make me feel satisfied. On Monday night the 3rd I went to a Regal Theatres to see Baby Driver; I picked that particular location as I could watch it on a giant screen. I know most people love the film... I don't. When you never like the lead character and have many problems with the story... I can't say I hated it as there were some memorable moments and the soundtrack was excellent, but I did not need a change of underwear after seeing it like the vast majority of movie-goers out there. Alas... afterwards I ended up at Disney Springs and had a bite to eat as I happened to drive by it on the way back home.

Wednesday, I went and saw the Orlando City SC Major League Soccer club play against Toronto FC. Orlando has a new stadium built just for them, and I wanted to check it out. It was pretty nice. It was pretty hectic in downtown Orlando on this night; in their old stadium (the Citrus Bowl) was a concert by... Metallica. Seeing SC play was certainly cheaper and Metallica would be best if I could travel back in time and watch a live concert in the late 80's to early 90's. Thankfully I managed to find a parking spot close to the stadium; right outside the grounds was some food trucks. I had no idea what the grub would be inside so I got something from there. I made a mistake; the food tasted decent but the experience of just trying to order the food was not good (don't ask) and in the future I'll stick to what they offer in the stadium as it looks like a nice selection and I imagine at least some of it is tasty.

As for the game itself, as Toronto is one of the best teams in the league, no surprise they won 3-1. As typical, I ended up sitting by some loudmouth fools, who were typical odious sports fans. They especially liked yelling at a Toronto player who happened to be pretty short (at 5 foot 4) but he scored two of their goals... plus those fans left before the match was even completed, so I don't have a high opinion of them overall. Even with all that, I was glad to finally visit a nice new stadium and see a sporting event which was not boring. The excessive heat and humidity was not enough to deter me from attending, and I hope it's not too much longer before I return to the stadium.

Thursday, I went with someone to the local Longhorn Steakhouse, which turned out fine as they make tasty food. Friday, I ended up at the local Walmart to get a few items, and that could have gone better. It would have been better if the person that checked me out wasn't a complete fool and had some sort of a clue; there were problems with the people in front of me, too. By the time that ordeal was finished, the line was real long. At least in the near future, I think I'll go to other Walmart locations in the area. Saturday, I got gas then I purchased dinner from Burger King for me and someone else. As it's Burger King, it means that the food was not as good as they used to make it “way back when”. But, I did try their Froot Loops shake; I am not sure why I didn't have it sooner as it sounded like something in my wheelhouse, and it was. It won't be as long until I try their Lucky Charms shake.

As I did nothing on Sunday, I will close this out by saying when I return on the 17th, I actually do have a few ideas concerning what I'll be talking about. Hopefully it's more good times than bad times.

No comments:

Post a Comment