Monday, July 17, 2017

War For The Planet Of The Apes & General Monkeying Around

Here's what I've done since last Monday. My plans ended up changing due to circumstances beyond my control. Last Monday was dull, but Tuesday I ended up at Universal Studios CityWalk; it ended up sprinkling the entire time... that was OK. I ate dinner at Red Oven Pizza Bakery for the first time. Their food is in fact tasty. Late on Tuesday night (after I watched the baseball All Star Game on TV)... I had more Internet issues. No kidding. It was the modem and it was replaced on Wednesday. Having to deal with that caused me to alter my plans; originally on that day I was going to see, Rise, Dawn, then War for the Planet of the Apes in a triple bill. But, instead I saw War on Thursday night, which I'll get to in a bit. As I saw Rise again recently and I have that on Dawn on Blu-ray, I just watched Dawn at home Wednesday night. 

Thursday night, I return to the eastern suburbs of Tampa; who knows when I'll be back there in the future but it's been a few months since I had eaten at the restaurant known as Ford's Garage, which makes some tasty food. I ate there, then moved onto the nearby World of Beer for a drink, then I went to the Xscape Theatres (which I had been to twice before) to see the new Apes film. I thought Rise was pretty good and Dawn was great; War is also great and I am glad that was not a letdown. I wish that the seats would have been properly cleaned so I did not have to go wipe down my seat with paper towels... and note that the family sitting by me got paper towels and a spray bottle (!) to clean their seats. No, I don't know why a pimply-faced member of the staff didn't go in there and use those items his or her self; not the best look for Xscape, although the movie played with no issues so it doesn't mean I won't return there in the future.

Friday I did nothing; Saturday, I went to a Walmart in the area. It was not a long journey and even then, the traffic... I expect it to be horrid on Interstate 4 (and it was on Thursday; on the way back, multiple people had their bright lights on, so having that in my rearview and side mirrors after I passed them... no fun) but on small 2 lane roads, I shouldn't have to deal with multiple issues, but I did. I shouldn't see a presumably young punk driving recklessly in an older pickup truck in that Walmart parking lot, but I did. The reason why I talk about such things often is that it's a constant problem down here. Sunday, it was a blah day in general. I won't get into the reasons why, except that the deaths of both George A. Romero and Martin Landau were sad. I've seen some of Landau's films before, and Night of the Living Dead is a classic... of course I've seen some other Romero flicks before too.

When I return next Monday, hopefully there are no changes in plans or calamities that pop up out of nowhere. Little is on the agenda... as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment