Monday, July 3, 2017

Avatar Flight of Passage, Golden Corral & Saippuakivikauppias

As I discovered in the past week, saippuakivikauppias is a Finnish word which happens to be the longest palindrome. Here's what I've done since Monday. Monday the 26th was an interesting day. I returned to the Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World. I was lucky in that this time I was able to ride Avatar Flight of Passage. It definitely helped that right before you get on the actual ride there is a separate single rider line and I got in line right after they fixed it, but I was happy the whole ordeal was less than 90 minutes, as I was expecting to wait quite a bit longer. As for the ride itself, it's a 4D thing and you basically ride a fancy Jet Ski as you simulate riding the winged Banshee creatures; it's awesome and I highly recommend Flight of Passage.

Tuesday was boring but Wednesday I made yet another airport run. Before that I stopped at the World of Beer in Altamonte Springs to kill time. That was a good choice on my part. I'll take this time to mention that Florida will never stop being Florida. I will mention that as where my parents live, something wasn't working. It took two different people coming over at two different times to fix it, and at another time I had to fix it myself so it would finally work properly. In this state, plenty of people aren't great at their jobs. Then again, I guess I do have to note that at one of those times, the house was called to say that they would be a little late. I realize this will be hard to believe for those that don't live in this state, but when it comes to the sorts of jobs where people come over to perform a task (whether on a set schedule or it's a special call to fix something), pretty much people NEVER call if they are going to be late or even if they won't show up until another day. I realize how appalling it is, and yet I swear it's true. That is how awful things are in Florida; “common courtesy” is something you usually don't find anywhere. But anyhow...

Thursday I did nothing, but Friday I went to Orlando for something, and after that I was gonna eat dinner at Disney Springs. A deluge of rain changed that. No surprise that because I live in the state I do, even a small amount of rain causes accidents. When there's a good amount of it... I saw the aftermath of several wrecks. I instead had dinner at the Seadog restaurant in Orlando; I've talked about that place a few times before, and they make decent food. By the time I got done, it was only sprinkling so that was when I went to Disney Springs and walked around for a bit. The weekend, the only thing I did was on Saturday, when I went with two people to the local Golden Corral. It was exactly what you'd expect it to be on an early Saturday evening, with the exact kind of clientele you'd expect at that famed buffet chain.

When I return a week from today, I think I'll have more to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment