Monday, June 5, 2017

Pepsi Fire, The Spy Who Loved Me, Fidget Spinners & Covfefe

As May ended and June began, here is what I did. My Memorial Day was a little unorthodox as in the early afternoon I had to drop one parent off at the airport in Sanford, drive home for a few hours then return to Sanford to pick up the other parent in the evening. I was happy to help them out and during the two times I was in Sanford, I stopped at a World Market to pick up a few items and I was also at a Buffalo Wild Wings for a bit. Tuesday, I tried a drink I was interested in despite a lot of people hating it before even trying it. It was Pepsi Fire, which was cinnamon-flavored. As others have noted, it'd be better if it was Pepsi mixed in with Fireball Cinnamon Whisky and that is true as at least with Fireball, you get drunk. Still, I thought it was fine and not an abomination as some people say it is. Tuesday I went to Chipotle for dinner and that went fine. Wednesday was rather interesting.

Wednesday I ended up at Disney Springs; first I ate at Splitsville as they always have very good food and that was true on this occasion. After that I walked next door to the AMC Theatres to see a 007 double bill that they did (and some AMC's did across the country) where they showed two old Roger Moore films and half the money will go to UNICEF. That always sounds like a nice cause to support, so I went there and saw The Spy Who Loved Me then For Your Eyes Only. Those are two films I enjoy a lot so I loved seeing them that way. Thursday, I ended up at a World of Beer I had not been to before; it was the one in Altamonte Springs. That went fine and I even had dinner there too. Friday through Sunday were boring; the main highlight was going to Walmart on Saturday evening, where I wish I could have checked out in a line where the employee did not take 5 minutes to figure out how to use my Walmart gift card to pay for what I got, but alas...

I'll just mention a few odd ends before closing this out. First, something I was going to mention the last time I wrote: at Megacon I realized how popular the phenomenon of fidget spinners were. I think I just heard about them around this time last month and at least to me it looks as if their popularity skyrocketed in just a few weeks. Maybe I would like to try one in the future. Traffic... it's the same old same old for this year, meaning “amazingly bad”. Finally, there's the word “Covfefe”... that tweet was a little concerning unless it was done on purpose to distract, and as the deal happened in Paris hours later... a lot of jokes were made about it and honestly, most were just dumb and not funny or clever in the least. That's a bipartisan opinion, by the way.

When I return a week from today... I'll have somewhat of an idea of what I'll be talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment