Monday, June 12, 2017

Wonder Woman, Cricket, Antojito's, Okahumpka & Batman

Here's what I've done in the past week. It wasn't the most eventful week for me, honestly. On Monday the 5th, I went to drop someone off at the airport in Sanford. Yeah, sometimes I am like a taxi service but that's alright. I had to deal with rainy weather and as I've said many times before, if you think that Florida drivers are terrible on dry land... that was a source of aggravation. Tuesday, I did something on the spur of the moment. I went somewhere to eat... that will remain nameless as it's another one of those places that can't differentiate between “medium well” and “well done”. I then went and saw Wonder Woman. I am not a comic book movie watcher as most of those have zero interest for me; it's just personal taste, that's all. But, as I saw Marvel last month on the big screen, I might as well be fair and watch DC theatrically also. I thought the movie was good; it just looked a lot more appealing than something like Suicide Squad and Batman v Superman, which may be movies that I never watch.

Wednesday and Thursday were pretty boring; I imagine people don't care to hear me talking about getting pizza from Pizza Hut, so let me move onto Friday. In order to do something different, I returned to Universal Studios CityWalk; thankfully things went better there than the last time... that was the night where my battery died and it was great luck on my part it was in a place where security could get an employee to use a gimmick to jump-start it. I walked around and got some exercise... which was then immediately negated as I had some frozen yogurt from Menchie's then went to Antojito's, which is an “Authentic Mexican Restaurant”. That sort of food is not for me and my picky tastes (to be blunt) but I imagine it is tasty; I had a random mixed drink which naturally was made with tequila, and I don't know if it was just for me but I was given free chips & salsa, which I did take advantage of.

Saturday, I did nothing. As when I was real little I did watch the 60's Batman TV show when it was in reruns on a broadcast TV station, I was saddened to hear that Adam West passed away. Sunday, that turned out to not be so great. A new exit opened on Florida's Turnpike and it's not that far from where I live. People I know will soon be asking me about it so I decided to go to the exit so I can tell them where it is in case they want to use it in the future to drive north on the Turnpike. I made it to the exit and I decided to head north to the Okahumpka service plaza. It was rainy and traffic was even worse than I expected. Then, when I got food from the KFC Express, there was a picture of the amount of popcorn chicken I was supposed to get... what I actually got was a small pittance. I'll give any advice to those in the future that live north of me and are driving down I-75 to reach the Florida's Turnpike: before getting on the Turnpike, eat food and get gas in Wildwood. Oh, and using this new exit means having to drive through a toll plaza on the road... and it's THREE dollars each way as you go through it. Those people may not want to use the new exit after all.

To end this on a lighter note: something I did not expect to say before was that after stumbling upon some articles and seeing parts of games and highlights of games on the Willow TV channel, cricket's not a bad game after all. Heck, a simplified version of the game was played during PE in my youth but it was something I never paid much attention to. What I've seen is not the “short” version that is still 3 hours long nor the test cricket that has games which last for a few days, but the One Day cricket which are still long by American sports standards. I haven't seen a full game as they are at least 7 hours long but I imagine I'd have no problem if I could theoretically ever watch a game live in person; seeing it on TV as I am surfing the web is no sweat. I think it's something I should have paid more attention to sooner.

When I return a week from today... hopefully there will be no bad days to speak of.

No comments:

Post a Comment