Monday, August 1, 2016

The One Time I Had A Boring July

I wasn't planing on having a boring as heck July; that's just how it turned out. Monday through Thursday can be summed up rather quickly. Monday I went to Walmart and it was a standard trip there as I purchased a few items. Tuesday I did not do a thing. The same goes for Thursday. Wednesday, I went and not only dropped off some clothing at Goodwill, but I went to the local library as I hadn't been there in awhile. At least Friday was more interesting.

On that Friday night, Guns N' Roses performed in Orlando at the outdoor stadium I'll always know as the Citrus Bowl. While the thought did cross my mind to attend the concert, I'll be honest and say that for a variety of reasons, going to concerts is not my thing and I've only gone to several (I mean, less than a dozen) in my lifetime, including small time shows played by local bands in bars. Of course the cost was high and having to deal with meatheads there... as I literally saw part of this concert on YouTube, I am OK with my decision. To be honest, after the tour was announced and before it started, I wasn't even sure if it would be completed. Back in the day, the band (OK, mainly Axl) had a bad reputation for not starting on time, or doing a full concert. I am frankly astonished it has seemingly gone well so far with no issues, considering all the bad blood that broke up the band in the first place.

Anyhow, I did some other things instead. I went to Barnes & Noble; I am still miffed that the one which used to be only about a 15 minute drive away closed down; having to drive farther to go to one is lame to me. The only thing I got there was a random magazine. I then went to the nearby Noodles & Company. I had heard of the place before but never thought about going there until now. It did enter my mind after the story of how elsewhere at a location in Virginia, two employees refused to serve a police officer... then the employees got fired. By the way, don't expect me to talk about either politics or “Black Lives Matter vs. Blue Lives Matter vs. All Lives Matter” debate, as I know better than to cause such controversy. After that, I stopped at a nearby World of Beer, where I had two porter beers. The one I'll mention as being real good is Terrapin Liquid Bliss; Terrapin typically makes good beer but Liquid Bliss is an apt name as it's a chocolate peanut butter porter and it's real good.

Saturday, I stayed in; there was a UFC PPV but it didn't seem like something I needed to see. Sunday, I went to Winter Garden Village; I walked around and ended up at Target. I got a few items there and that went fine. My time there wasn't good; I'll just say it was dumb customers, dumb employees, and a dispute over the price of an item that made me swear not to return to any Best Buy for a long while and that is fine with me, as there are plenty of other places to visit in order to purchase films... not to mention the great resource known as Amazon.

July did not end well but August should be better, even if I only have a rough idea of what I'll be doing the first week of this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment