Monday, July 25, 2016

Star Trek Beyond, Huey Magoos & Cheeseburgers In Paradise

This past week wasn't as exciting as I expected, but that is OK. I did not do anything last Monday the 18th so let me move onto the next day. On the 19th I went to Universal Studios CityWalk; I did in fact walk around there and as I hadn't ordered food from Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville in a long time, that's where I ate at for dinner. Their appropriately named Cheeseburger in Paradise is always great. For the most part CityWalk is the same as it was the last time I was there. Wednesday, I went to Wawa to get a sandwich. The last few times I was at that particular Wawa, I've had issues between some of the service I got and the general annoyance of having to deal with some amazingly stupid customers. Maybe I should take a break from going there for awhile.

Thursday, all I did was go to Pizza Hut and that wasn't out of the ordinary. Friday, I ended up in the Altamonte Springs area so I returned to the Safeway grocery store to get a few items. I also went to a new restaurant that's a local quick service thing and only has four locations, all around Orlando. It's known as Huey Magoos and I first found out about it as I drove by the Altamonte Springs location a few weeks ago, and I was curious. Turns out, for those of you living in the South, you'll understand it when I say that the place is in essence a clone of Zaxby's. I got some chicken tenders and to further drive home the comparison, they had the same style fries and also offered Texas Toast. At least it was good, and I was happy to support a local business.

Saturday, I stayed in and I was OK with that. When the Florida traffic in 2016 has been notably even worse than it ever has before and you're amazed you haven't witnessed any accidents happen (recently, I saw someone pull out right in front of someone else and like with me in the past year when the exact same thing happened, I can't explain how a wreck was avoided), laying low is a swell idea. Sunday night, I had a late dinner at Disney Springs. For the first time in awhile I had food from the fancy bowling alley known as Splitsville then went next door to see Star Trek Beyond in 3D on their giant ETX screen. I am not a hardcore Trekkie or Trekker but as a kid I saw episodes of The Original Series and watched the first six movies. The reboot movie was entertaining even if it had some dumb moments; Into Darkness was bad and not just for all the controversy over who Benedict Cumberbatch played and how it was billed up as being “a big mystery”. Thankfully, Beyond is a movie well worth seeing, despite some dopey moments and one moment that left me flabbergasted as I couldn't believe they went there. It at least is fun to watch, not so dour and feels more in line with The Original Series.

I'll be back next Monday, which is August the 1st. I am not sure yet what I'll be doing the last week of July.

No comments:

Post a Comment