Monday, August 8, 2016

The Olympics, Square 1 Burgers & Bar, And Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro

Here's what I've done since last Monday. On Monday the 1st I went to my bank; someone gave me a check and it needed to be deposited in my account; yes, a check in 2016. Recently I saw someone at a store use a check, as if it was still 1982 here. That was as exciting as my Monday and Tuesday got, so onto Wednesday. I decided to go to the Total Wine & More in Orlando proper and I got my share of darker beers, both porter and stout. I then went to the nearby Orlando Fashion Square Mall, a place I rarely go to due to location and it being smaller than the other malls in the area. I think there are plenty of people who feel the same way, as the place isn't doing as well as it used to. I likely won't be back there for a long while, as to be honest there isn't much there for me to do that I couldn't do at another mall. As for the beer, the one I'll mention is Left Hand Milk Stout Nitro. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was very good.

As a random aside, I talked before about the Florida traffic this year and how this year is worse than it's ever been down here. Well, that's still true; 2016 Florida traffic is just as bad as 2016 has been for the world in general... meaning real bad. I haven't mentioned all of the issues I've had this year with that; I could go on and on with what I dealt with this past week, where some lunatic followed me for awhile before I got away from him, all because I let him know I thought his behavior behind the wheel to be awful, which he then immediately verified-or the other things that happened. I honk my horn at people-among other things-even though they probably are too dopey to realize why I am mad at them. I realize that someone could retaliate in a very serious way, but that has not happened, at least not yet. Even after being down here for 12 years plus now, I still once in awhile see incomprehensible things behind the wheel that I have no logical explanation for. At this point, staying in instead of going out seems like a swell idea in general as it means not always being aggravated behind the wheel. I'll just hope that this madness ceases soon.

Thursday, that was another interesting day. I went to Lakeland as I hadn't been down there in a long while. I ended up at an outdoor mall (one I've been to a good number of times now); I got some random sodas at Rocket Fizz and some random books at Books-A-Million. I then made a few mile drive to a restaurant known as Square 1 Burgers & Bar. It is a Central Florida only thing. Between their overuse of the word “awesome”, cheap small chandeliers hanging at the bar and some bench seating being covered in cowhide... I honestly don't know if they're being serious or sarcastic here. At least the food was tasty and the alcoholic cinnamon milkshake was the same. The last place I went to was nearby; I got a shake from PDQ and while not alcoholic it just happened to be a cinnamon milkshake made with Cinnamon Toast Crunch and sea salt caramel; really, and it was very good.

Friday through Sunday was nondescript. I did see parts of the Olympics on TV, even though Brazil did an atrocious job in setting them up, mainly because of sheer incompetence. The actual sporting action has been fine. NBC's coverage is not great, but honestly there's been way too many commercials with the Olympics for at least the past 20 years now and it's been a problem with television in general for probably longer than that. At least I can stream everything online for free if I wanted to. Sunday, I went to Burger King; I brought home food for me and someone else. Unlike what I typically experience at a Burger King in the area, there was no problem with the service, other customers, or anything else. I got the “5 for $4” deal and that was a very wise decision on my part. The small bacon cheeseburger, small drink, small fries, 4 chicken nuggets and chocolate chip cookies: a thumbs up I will give to it.

I'll be back next Monday; not a lot is on the agenda, at least as of yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment