Monday, August 29, 2016

Studio Movie Grill, German Restaurants & Troglodytes

What an interesting past week I had. Monday the 22nd, I did not do a thing; Tuesday was more interesting. I went with someone to a Logan's Roadhouse for dinner. That place is just about to enter bankruptcy so we figured they could use some cash. The one located by Sam's Club that I had been to a few times before is one of the locations that closed due to their financial woes; I'll be going there less often than I used to only due to convenience's sake. My burger and fries were fine; the person I was with loved their half rack of ribs, and I am glad they felt that way.

Wednesday, what a day that was. I went to Tampa for an adventure. I went to a few new places. The Westfield Citrus Park mall is pretty nice. I ended up at the University Mall by the University of South Florida, and that wasn't so nice. The only reason I was there was to see something at the Studio Movie Grill. It has like 20 different locations all across the country. It is one of those places that tries to be upscale and serves you food as you're watching a film. Unfortunately, it is located in an odd spot and it was a real hassle just trying to figure out where to park so you're by the main entrance, as the mall gives little help there. Then, late at night in a dark lot, it wasn't easy even trying to figure out how to get back on the highway. So that was not a good start, although I blame it on the mall. A bartender in the fancy lounge area not serving me (for reasons unknown) and the place forcing you to make some assumptions you shouldn't have to make as things should be a lot clearer... I can blame that on the entity itself.

So, when Train to Busan (a South Korean action thriller about a fast zombie apocalypse happening throughout Korea and it ends up on a train) began I was already in a not so great mood; when several Troglodytes acted incredibly rude during the movie, that cemented in my mind how unlikely it'll be that I'll return to this place. In fact, a couple who acted the worst, I almost had a confrontation with them... and I am not the type who gets into confrontations. It is probably good for me that they left as soon as the end credits started; the guy honestly looked like he had about an 80 IQ and is probably the type who solves all his problems with his fists... to think that the parents who brought their two young kids to the show caused zero problems. The movie is great, worthy to be compared to the best that has come out from Korea in the past 20 or so years. Thankfully this wasn't graphic and explicit like some of the movies you get from there... you know, like I Saw the Devil or Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance. Little kids don't need to see that. Anyhow, after the film I briefly stopped at a random World of Beer in the area before driving back home.

Thursday and Friday, I decided to stay in and relax after the chaos of Wednesday. Saturday-even though I was dead tired due to not getting a great night's sleep-I went up to Sanford to attend a birthday party of someone I know. It's the annual late August tradition, that's what it has become; a bunch of people go up to a popular German restaurant to eat food and also a cold beverage or two. Sunday, I had to return to Sanford for yet another airport run. I wish that airplane would have come in on Saturday as it would have worked out perfectly for me but alas... I stopped at the World of Beer in Lake Mary to kill time. Leaving there and driving to the airport, a sedan flew by me... with most of its bumper sheered off but it was still hanging on by a thread and it was dragging on the ground. Right after that, a cop turned on his lights and went to pull him over. Unfortunately I had to turn off that road but it was clear the cop realized the obvious, which was that this dope was more than a little impaired. I wish I could have seen how they did such damage to their own car and end up being oblivious about it.

I'll be back on Labor Day; I do have some ideas of what I'll be talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment