Monday, July 11, 2016

UFC 200, Coca-Cola Stores, Michael Landon & Saskatoon Berry

Here's a recap of what I've done since last Monday; on the 4th of July I did not do a darn thing except watch the fireworks on TV and I got to hear idiots in the neighborhood shoot off their cheap fireworks. Tuesday, that was more interesting. I had a dentist appointment, but it was only to get my teeth cleaned. That went fine and I don't have to go back there for 6 months for another cleaning. A little later, I got food at Arby's; ever since I moved down here way back in 2004, the closest restaurant of that chain was like 15 miles away. Finally, a matter of days ago one opened a few miles from where I live. I went there for food not just for me but also for someone else. That someone else got the correct order. Me, before I left I took a glance at my order of a turkey & Swiss sandwich as I figured that'd be sufficient before I left and went home as a confirmation that my order was correct. Once I actually got home, I realized I was in error. I was not happy. I tried to make due to what I had, but I was not happy my order was wrong despite the receipt on the sandwich being correct. It does not make me want to go back there anytime soon, that is for sure. At least on Tuesday I got in the mail something I ordered from Amazon. It was a Canadian energy drink I had when I was in Canada was back in 2009. It was Beaver Buzz Saskatoon Berry; it's real good, IMO.

Wednesday the only thing I did was end up at Denny's for a bite to eat when I was out & about, let me skip ahead to Thursday. On that day I was out and about again. I won't get into the particulars until I talk about how I stopped at a random grocery store (Gooding's; from what I saw things were overpriced and I saw something on the shelf long past the expiration date but I got some items that are hard to find elsewhere so that's why I spent money there, although I likely won't do so again) then returned to the Sea Dog Brewing Restaurant; I went there once before in May. Yes, it's that Maine brewery and they have several restaurants around, mostly in Maine but there are two in Florida. I had some chicken tenders for dinner and washed it down with a tasty beverage. On the way back I decided to stop at Disney Springs as it was right by. A new Coca-Cola store opened. It mostly has cheap crap but on the top floor is an open air deck where you can order various beverages, and while I had to hear this on random websites and have random people explain it there (as it's not explained on any signs there), there is an option to sample 16 different Coke beverages from across the world and there's another option where you can have 8 different floats. Solo, sampling those 16 was rough, as that's a lot of liquid. One day I'll try those floats. Hopefully the next time I am there I won't see any tools doing the sadly popular thing of making stupid faces at the camera as they take selfies or pictures with their significant other/squad.

Friday I stayed in, so onto Saturday. Saturday night was UFC 200, which was a huge show not only for the nice round number but because they always try for huge shows around this time of year. Even with Jon Jones being Jon Jones and being pulled from the show from doing some recreational or performance enhancing drug, it was still a great-looking card. In actually, the show wasn't better than it being “fine”, but it was a decent time at Twin Peaks, where I saw it. I had a late dinner along with something to quench my thirst. I tried to ignore the meatheads there and I guess I shouldn't complain as most people stayed around after the semi main event involving Brock Lesnar and did not leave because it was women who fought in the main event. In fact, they loved that exciting fight. One interesting sight that night was a fellow customer: he looked a lot like 1980's Highway to Heaven era Michael Landon! Talk about something you don't see every day.

When I return next Monday, I do have some idea of what I'll be talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment