Monday, July 18, 2016

Pokemon GO, Sprinkles, The Infiltrator, & Dr. Perfect Biotics

No I do not play Pokemon GO; heck, I've never played a single second of any Pokemon game. I just have to mention that I am amazed at how incredibly popular it's become. For some reason, that has gotten a lot of people bent out of shape and I really am not sure why; to me why is it even a big deal if it's a fad? It won't be too long before that fad dies down. I've heard it's helped people with depression issues by getting them out of the house. While some people have lost their jobs due to it... they were bound to lose them anyway if they would be so obsessed with it while on the clock. As for Dr. Perfect Biotics, that was the sender of one of the many spam e-mails I received in the past week, and it made me chortle. 

On the 11th, I was out and about. All I'll bring up is that I returned to Disney Springs. I was going to eat dinner there but plans changed and I ended up eating fast food at home. I did try out the Sprinkles confectionery and it was quite tasty. I ordered at the counter and not at the cupcake ATM (that's right) on the outside. I got some ice cream and a cupcake, the latter of which I had at home. Tuesday, all I did was go to Walmart to purchase a few items. Wednesday, all I did was spend some time up in Sanford and I had some delicious PDQ as a meal; as I've said several times before, I wish one of those restaurants was closer by me. 

Thursday, I went to a cineplex to see a movie. For the first time since last December I was at Cinepolis in Davenport, a little bit south of where I live. Aside from the first time I was there last summer, I hadn't had any problems with the place. I probably couldn't hide my befuddlement when I was told that the menus they have displayed may have food that they don't actually offer there because all of their locations have to display the same menu (?) but other than that... I went and saw The Infiltrator, as it sounded like something right in my wheelhouse, and it was. I know not everyone has loved it, but I do rate highly that based on a true story of a federal agent in the late 1980's going undercover and becoming involved with Pablo Escobar's drug trade. I laughed when I saw that a scene was set at the famed Tampa “adult establishment” 2001 Odyssey-yes, it's one of those places where women dance around and take off their clothing-even though I don't think that place was open at the time. I've driven by it before but never went in there... honest!

Friday through Sunday the only activities I did of note was make another airport run up to Sanford (this time to drop someone off; they will ride back in an automobile on the way back so I don't have to make another one of those runs for at least a few months), go to the Walmart up in Sanford in the wee hours of the morning, be forced to use a self-checkout lane-I am not a fan of those; they are too much of a hassle. Still, I got through it-and Saturday night I went to the high class establishment known as McDonald's to get some fast food to bring back home. It was a quiet weekend and I am OK about it.

When I return next Monday, it should be a more colorful week than the one I just had.

No comments:

Post a Comment