Monday, July 4, 2016

Heads Up, Midnight Espresso, Sugar Daddies, & Flapjack Johnny's

Here's what I've done since last Monday. On that Monday the 27th, I returned to Walt Disney World, this time to Epcot. In the past few weeks several changes were made there. They changed the Soarin' ride to where it doesn't just cover California but now the entire world, and there is a Frozen ride. When I arrived at Soarin', between the lines and hearsay I overheard, that ride wasn't working. I soon then ended up at Frozen. I waited in line for awhile and it was standard, until it was announced that they were not in operation either. I was not too happy about this, especially considering the last time I was at Disney, I also had a problem w/ a ride breaking down. You'd expect better from Disney, you know. Still, I waited in line and during that long time period, I saw several groups of people playing a game on their phone that I had no knowledge of before, due to me being lame and all. Later I discovered it was the game Heads Up; someone has to guess what name or thing is on the phone screen via clues someone else gives. Anyhow, they finally got it going again so I was able to ride it. I've never seen the movie and it's really best for those that are fans. Still, it was at least done to a high quality and standard. I then had a late meal right by the ampitheater where they had a Tina Turner cover band, of all things.

Tuesday, I did not do anything so let me skip ahead to Wednesday. That evening I first went to the Artegon Marketplace; that was pretty much the same as usual. Most of it is arts & crafts things of little interest to me. However, I did have a delicious chocolate chip cookie from the amazingly named Sugar Daddy Bakery. Then, I returned to the good old Twin Peaks. That was the same as usual, and I had a local porter beer. It was Motorworks Brewing (out of Bradenton) Midnight Espresso, which to me is a great name. Despite the name it's heavy on the coffee flavor. Still, it tasted fine, even as someone who doesn't drink coffee. I then went to the nearby Bahama Breeze as I hadn't been to that particular location in years. I had a tropical drink then went home. I did not have food at either, despite thinking both are pretty good at that. Next time...

Thursday was dull; Friday, someone I know had their birthday. Me, that person and someone else went to a local restaurant. The person of honor decided to try out a place in nearby Groveland called Flapjack Johnny's. The name is amusing to me. They just started serving dinner Friday and Saturday evenings. I thought my food was fine-enough; thankfully the birthday meal for that person (haddock fish) was rated as “excellent”. Saturday, I decided to go down to the outdoor mall in Davenport, as I hadn't been down there since last December. It's the same old same old there. I got gas at a new Love's gas station in the area; as I rarely go on that particular route, I'll only rarely visit that station.

As I relaxed on Sunday, I will say that I'll be back next Monday and I actually do have some plans for the upcoming week. I won't do anything on the 4th of July but I will still have plenty to talk about, I reckon.

No comments:

Post a Comment