Monday, February 15, 2016

PS3, Near Accidents, Heavy Rain & Daniel Bryan

I'll start this right off and talk about pro wrestling. This past Monday, the WWE wrestler known as Daniel Bryan (real name Bryan Danielson) retired from action because of suffering too many concussions. Back in my days of attending local wrestling shows, he wrestled in the promotion known as Full Impact Pro and those shows were a lot of fun. Already by that point he was a huge star on the independent wrestling scene, wrestling all over the world. He was an amazing wrestler. Me and some others hung out at the shows after they ended and I talked to him at various times. He lightly ribbed me, but it's OK. It was along the lines of giving me long awkward hugs! No kidding. I wish he would have been treated better by WWE but the way that he became a huge star for a period of time despite the company not wanting him to be... it's an incredible story and I wish his body wouldn't have broken down at that time. Hopefully he has a great post-wrestling life and he can be happy and raise a family and all that jazz.

Last Monday, all I did was get good food from the restaurant known as Culver's. I am thankful that the only location in the central part of Florida is located a few miles from where I live. Tuesday, all I did was go to TGI Friday's with someone; I hadn't been to one in a long while and I don't think that other person had been to the restaurant in years. They thought their food was only OK, although at least it was filling. My Jack Daniel's Burger was better. Wednesday, that was a day where something real bad ALMOST happened.

Wednesday, I was on state route 50, which is a major highway that typically has a lot of traffic. I was in the far right lane, and there was a vehicle on my left slowly passing me. I came up to the intersection of country route 455. Suddenly, a Porsche Macan SUV that was facing north on 455 turned right... i.e. right in front of me! I stomped on the brakes and blared my horn at the same time then swerved to the left, which I had to do or else there'd be a huge crash. I can't explain how I didn't hit that car to my left as it all happened in a split second, but I avoided catastrophe and did not get in a wreck. Thursday, I did not do anything but Friday, that was an entertaining day. That was despite some more pretty bad traffic, although at least there were no near crashes.

I've had an Xbox 360 for a few years now and I don't always play it often but there are times where I spend a few hours a day with it; other days I don't even spend a half hour playing it. Still, I figured that eventually I should get a PS3; after all I played a PS2 for a long time and it was great. With a PS2 I can download various PS2 games on it and there are some exclusive titles that I wanted to try out. So I ended up at a GameStop as I heard their refurbished systems were finally at an appealing price point for me. I got the 250 gig one for 150 bucks; who knows how often I'll be downloading and who knows how many games will end up installed on it. I got a 20 dollar card to put money on PSN (I know after what happened a few years ago not to directly give them my credit card info; I know someone who did that and his information was used in Australia) and I got one of those exclusive games, Heavy Rain. Despite the mixed reviews, the strong aspect of “player choice” and what you do having a big impact on how the game turns out, that is appealing to me. So far, it's entertaining, if on the goofy side at times. In the future I'll compare the two systems; I'll just say now that the PS3 console itself is pretty noisy. 

The weekend, I did not do anything of note, which was fine by me. Setting up the PS3, playing Heavy Rain and downloading an old game or two took up time. Sunday, I did go to the local Publix grocery store to get some miscellaneous items, mainly soda. When I return next Monday... it'll be my birthday. Turning 35 seems unreal to me but it's true. I have an idea or two when it comes to activities for the upcoming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment