Monday, January 4, 2016

My First Post of 2016

Here's a recap of what I've done since last Tuesday the 29th; on that day I did not do anything of note so let me skip ahead to Wednesday and that evening turned sour. I had a coupon for some Burger King food so despite having problems in the past with both BK restaurants in my home city, I decided to go to the one on US Highway 27, a highway I always have issues with when I drive south on it. Well, a 2016 resolution for me is to not eat anything from Burger King. Besides their overall food quality going downhill, I had a horrible experience at that restaurant between the person taking my order being really stupid, the Coca Cola Freestyle machine being out of most of the 100 plus sodas it's supposed to have and having to wait more than 10 minutes to get my “fast” food. Oh, and on the way there and back (which isn't even a 25 mile roundtrip) I saw the aftermath of THREE accidents, being two fender benders and the other person ending up in the ditch. Even for Florida and even for that stretch of road, that's some legendarily bad driving.

Thursday, the only thing I did for New Year's Eve was go to Domino's Pizza to get some food then a Circle K to get some sodas. I never go out anywhere for NYE and I rarely even drink on that night; it's just another day for me, really. Friday, I did do something in the evening as I wanted to get out of the house; besides, even if I paid attention to the famous college football games that are on TV New Year's Day, the ones this year were not competitive. I went to a few stores to look for a few movies on disc; well, none of them were found by me at any of those locations. Still, it was nice to go out and about, even if Florida traffic in 2016 is still as atrocious as usual. Saturday, the only thing I did was go to the local IHOP with someone, and we both enjoyed our meals. So, onto Sunday...

Sunday Sunday Sunday, I went and saw the final Chicago Bears game of the season, against the Detroit Lions. The first time they played this season, it was one of the worst games I had ever seen. This time, the first half was as exciting as watching paint dry, although the second half was better. It was a typical Bears game, meaning that they lost. They ended up 6-10; hopefully next season will be better. I saw it at a Hooters, which wasn't too crowded at all and thankfully there weren't too many obnoxious “sports fans” around. On the way back on this rainy day, I stopped at a Barnes & Noble for a bit. I had dinner at home then in the evening I spent some time at the local World of Beer, where I had a few random beverages; the one I'll mention is Miami Brewery's Vice IPA, which I did get due to its name and it was fine. They closed at 11 and as it was on the way back, I stopped at Walmart, where I was glad it was practically deserted as I got some food & drink items.

I will return on Monday the 11th. Nothing is on my agenda... yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment