Monday, January 11, 2016

Kodiak Cakes, Sea Dog Restaurants, & Low Quality Football

Here's a recap of what I've done in the past week. Last Monday was a nothing-happening day aside from going to Chipotle for dinner, which as typical was a fine, fine meal. Tuesday was more interesting. I went into Orlando and ended up at the Altamonte Mall, where I walked around and saw that they had some quick eateries and there's one or two of them that I'll have to try in the future. Wednesday, I was back in Orlando as I met up with someone; what that was all about, I am keeping private. Don't worry, it's not anything bad. I ended up in Sanford, where among the places I visited was World Market and I ate dinner at PDQ; I've said it often but I wish that there was one closer to Clermont as I rate their food pretty highly.

Thursday I did not do anything but Friday I discovered some interesting food & drink. I am not talking about the random McDonalds I had for dinner. I walked around Target before that and I found drinks known as Bai; they are fruity concoctions and while I haven't tried them yet, I hope they at least taste alright. I also got Kodiak Cakes, which can be made either into waffles or pancakes. I got the regular box and also something new, which is Flapjack on the Go, which you make in the microwave with just water and while it sounds odd to eat a pancake in a bowl, it tasted excellent and I wish I would have gotten more than one.

Saturday, I went to Orlando again, this time to eat at a restaurant that I only recently found out was a thing. In the past I've had some different varieties of Sea Dog Brewery beer, from the lovely state of Maine. I had no idea they had any restaurants, let alone one in Orlando. I stumbled upon it online awhile back and I finally felt like going there on this day. I had the chicken fingers w/ Maine Blueberry BBQ (as it sounded so odd; it tasted fine), a blueberry beer, and a GINGERBREAD beer, which tasted exactly how you thought it would. I could have done without the incredibly loud shrieking braying jackasses who were there but thankfully the most loathsome people left and after that it was a lot quieter. While I could quibble about a few things at least the food & drink were good.

As for the big football games this past weekend, the Saturday ones were pretty terrible. The first one featured horrible play and was not competitive. The second one was closer but the play was still terrible and yeah, some of the calls (in every sense of the term) were questionable at best, and the players acted like heathens, to be honest. Sunday, the games weren't that much better. I felt bad for everyone in the Vikings game because it was played outdoors in below zero weather. Minnesota definitely played better overall but they made some awful mistakes so they lost. The Green Bay game, I was disappointed because they won. Yeah, I won't really miss football once it's done with in a few weeks.

Sunday, I went to the World of Beer, where I had a meal and a few drinks, which were needed... I won't get into why as again, it's a private matter but it's not something for anyone to worry about, I am fine. My time there... the food & drink tasted fine (including the Coney Island Hard Root Beer, which I've had before and it's good; I would have had the Best Damn Root Beer but they were out), some of the annoying people there I could have done without. As always, I just tried to ignore them.

When I return a week from today, I do have some ideas in mind when it comes to activities to participate in.

No comments:

Post a Comment