Monday, January 25, 2016

Mecum, Jimmy's Seaside Fries, Sugar Factory & Hating on WWE

Here's what I've done since last Monday. Like I promised, this was not as exciting a week as the one I had before, which was fine by me as that had several not so great moments. Monday through Wednesday, the only thing I did of note is that on Wednesday night I ended up at the Altamonte Mall, where I walked around for a bit and I ate at a new fast food place there, Jimmy's Seaside Fries. The namesake food was pretty good, the chicken bites not so much... they were a lesser version of the Chick fil-A nuggets. At least I tried it out.

Also, I started down the rabbit hole of looking up various books on Amazon and putting them in a list and at least once in awhile I'll order one (or a few) from the list. I enjoy reading and I did plenty of that as a kid but as an adult it hasn't been as often, especially in recent years. I need to fix that as I have a few-or more-books collecting dust that I haven't cracked open yet but because I am me I'd like more for future reading. I ordered one (about Enron) and got it on Tuesday. While I enjoy the brick and mortar stores, I should join this century and use Amazon more often to get books as needless to say their selection is a million times larger than Barnes & Noble or Books A Million.

Thursday, that was more interesting for sure. Last January I drove down and experienced the Mecum auto auction in Kissimmee. I only saw a small part of the actual auction as the rest of the time I walked around at all the cars that were to be sold, weren't sold yet as people were still bidding on them or were already sold. As they had hundreds of vehicles there it was great looking at all those vehicles, from the obscure to all the classic muscle cars to the recent expensive vehicles from the likes of Mercedes-Benz or BMW. A parent got a pair of free tickets from a friend so my first time there I did not have to pay the 30 bucks (plus parking) that I did this year. Still, I was glad I went for a second time, as it was as much fun this year as it was last year. The mix of vehicles was as interesting as it was the first time. Plus, it gave me a heck of a workout due to all the walking around I did. After that I drove to The Loop shopping area in Kissimmee, where I ate at a BJ's Restaurant and Brewhouse; as usual I had a pizza and it was pretty tasty.

Friday and Saturday, those were dull days, so let me skip ahead to Sunday. That was an eventful day. I ended up on the infamous International Drive, where the traffic was as expected: bad. Then again the traffic there and best aside from I-Drive wasn't so great either. Aside from that the day was nice. For the first time in months I went to Artegon, the mall with a lot of arts & crafts sorts of stores. Now, each store has its own storefront instead of fencing that separating them. Also, pretty much all the stores there during my last visit are gone and replaced by new ones. Overall, it feels more like a real mall now and I am not concerned any longer about its future.

After that I drove down to I-Drive 360 and I had dinner at Tin Roof; I still don't know if the roof is rusted but I always think their food is good so it was time to return there. I saw the last part of the football game that the Broncos won. “Eh” is still my opinion on pro football so I'll move on to what I did after that. The Sugar Factory store finally opened recently; I've heard about it from other people and I know some who have been to their store in the Chicago area. I normally don't like to frequent places that openly plug their celebrity endorsement from such God-awful people like the Kardashian-Jenner clan or Katy Perry or Rihanna, but I let my desire for sweets overrule that and I ended up having a milkshake, which was pretty good. I'll have to eat the actual food they make, along with sitting at the bar they have. It's a strange version of a candy shop, for sure.

Also on Sunday, the big Royal Rumble event was in Orlando at the Amway Center. No, I did not attend. For years I've been saying that I haven't been a regular WWE watcher since their product has been terrible, and nothing has changed there, it's still awful. Reliable sources have told me that the last two Royal Rumble events have been pretty atrocious overall-aside from a match or two-and the namesake match has been legendarily bad, so no way would I spend a lot of money to get not great seats to a show I likely wouldn't enjoy... I heard things about last night's show that made me glad I didn't go or even watch it online.

When I return a week from today, I really don't have anything planned as of yet. I do have some pretty interesting ideas in mind, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment