Monday, December 7, 2015

Die Hard, Ex Machina, Tom & Chee, and Atrocious Football

Here's a recap of what I've done since last Monday. Things were rather quiet. Monday the 30th of November was rather dull, so let me skip ahead to Tuesday, where I first went and got a much-needed haircut. In the evening, I returned to Cinepolis. I am glad that my first time there was my only bad experience there, as otherwise things have been fine at that establishment. The movie I saw was one of my personal favorites, Die Hard; no way would I turn down seeing that in a big fashion.

Wednesday I did not do anything but Thursday I went and got food from Jersey Mike's; they recently opened a location in Clermont, where I'll visit once in awhile. Friday, that was a different sort of day for me. I had to go somewhere to deal with something; it's nothing negative but I'll be vague about it. After that I went to more than one place. I stopped at a MovieStop to get some movies, including Ex Machina, an intelligent sci-fi film from the UK that I had rented from Redbox the night before; that was something I really should have seen on the big screen, as I loved it and there's at least the chance that it'll be my film of 2015.

After that I made a drive to a part of Orlando I rarely visit, in order to check out a restaurant, and as has happened before it was because someone I knew online brought it up. I don't watch any reality TV (as it's all faked and staged, you see) and the same goes for those competition shows, including Shark Tank. Well, Tom & Chee was apparently on there, and while it's not the entire menu, most of it is grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup. It sounded wacky so I wanted to try it out. The grilled cheese I had was tasty but as that on its own isn't a full meal & I don't eat (or drink) soup, I decided to walk next door to Fuddruckers to get a burger; after that I was sufficiently full.

Saturday I stayed in but Sunday I returned to the Friendly Confines to watch the Chicago Bears play against the San Francisco 49ers; San Fran has been pretty bad this season so I expected the Bears to win. Oh, how foolish I was! The lunch I had there was at least good. Otherwise, the traffic there and back was brutal and in this past week I had to use my horn more than once or twice. It was a pretty poor past 7 days when it came to such matters. As typical for a sports bar, there were idiots and drama queens and whiners there. “Screaming child” was also part of the equation on this day, and when the Bears blew it and the game-where both teams looked horrible beyond belief-ended up in overtime, I actually left then and there and did not stick around to see overtime, which was a good decision as they lost to terrible San Francisco. It wasn't all bad there as there are always decent people around. It's just the clowns and fools that are a bee in my bonnet.

When I return a week from today... yeah, not too much is on my agenda as of this moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment