Monday, December 21, 2015

NAIA Football, The Force Awakens & An Extremely Enraged Confused Man

No, the extremely enraged confused man isn't me. I've felt more melancholy as of late. I won't get into why; it's not anything serious that I need to share here. I just haven't felt good about myself for a few different reasons, so going off on a trip to Kansas to spend time with family and seeing my two twin nephews again... I hope I can have a Merry Christmas, but getting out of the state for a few days will be a change of pace and I hope it'll do the job.

Monday, I spent some time in Orlando. I had lunch at a place I returned to, the Brazilian quick service restaurant known as Giraffas. They make decent food so I'll pop in once in a long while. For dinner I returned to NBC Sports Grill & Brew. I like eating there but I'll likely wait for a few months for my return to CityWalk, so that I can see something new there. Tuesday I did not do anything and Wednesday I went with someone to the local Olive Garden, as neither one of us had been there in months. We both enjoyed our meals. Thursday I did not do anything so let me skip ahead to Friday, and Friday night in specific.

Most of Friday I'd rather forget about (again, don't ask why) so let me skip ahead to Friday night, when I saw The Force Awakens. When I was a kid, I watched the original Star Wars films on VHS quite a few times. The prequels, I saw them all on the big screen but they were massive disappointments. I am not a big J.J. Abrams fan so I wasn't entirely sure I'd love this, even if it looks like the originals. I decided to see it right at Epic Theatres in the city I live in, Clermont. I thought that'd be a typical screening... I was wrong.

I waited in line then I sat down and things were standard through that and the trailers. Literally as the opening credits began, there was a commotion. In short, the movie stopped, the lights came up, and I thought I heard the word “seizure”, so I'll go with that as from what little I could see and hear from where I sat, it seemed like that is what happened. Some cops and then a few paramedics came in. After some time, the guy stood up and he just looked confused. As he left the auditorium and he was in the aisle on the way to the door, he suddenly freaked the F out. He screamed at the top of his lungs and he acted like he thought he was going to be killed. Finally, he calmed down (his lady helped with that) and the movie could start again. What a strange stretch of time that was where everyone experienced a range of emotions. I heard from someone that would know that a seizure could cause such a happening, so I will say that was the cause.

As for the movie, it was fantastic. I may be biased as I watched the originals often as a kid but I thought the new one was awesome and it felt like a natural sequel. I am so thankful that they did not screw up Star Wars yet again. I will see it again tonight, this time on a giant screen, as it seemed natural, and plus there was that medical event which was on my mind the entire time as I first saw it.

Saturday, I had the option of doing a few different things. UFC had a card in Orlando; it was a show where the last few matches would be on FOX and the card looked fine. There was a new college football bowl game in Orlando between San Jose State and Georgia State. But, I decided to attend the NAIA Football Championship Game in Daytona Beach between Marian University of Indiana and Southern Oregon University. They played for the championship last year in Daytona Beach and I thought about going but ultimately did not. SOU won that 55-31. This game went differently; Marian won 31-14. When the SOU quarterback misfired on too many passes...

While it was not that competitive, I was still glad I supported such a game. It was at the municipal stadium, so yeah it is an older structure. I wish that there would have been more concession people working there but otherwise I guess the stadium was acceptable for such an event. It's in the middle of the swamp-which is wacky-although at least there's plenty of parking and there was lights in the parking lot. As for Sunday, I had a feeling Chicago would be whooped by Minnesota and this time I was correct. The Bears lost 38-17 and I did not go out to see it.

As tomorrow I'll be leaving on vacation to Kansas and I won't be back home until sometime on Monday, my next post will be on TUESDAY, December 29.

No comments:

Post a Comment