Monday, December 14, 2015

Minus5 Ice Bar, BB King Blues Club, & Star Wars Prepping

Here's a recap of this past week and due to being preoccupied with other things and not feeling 100%, it was another quiet week where I don't have too much to write about. Nevermind how but in the past I've acquired nice widescreen print versions of the ORIGINAL cuts of the original trilogy and I was happy to watch them as of late. I wouldn't do such things but when people can't legally see the theatrical versions and instead have to deal with the crappy “Special Editions” with needless CGI garbage that sticks out like a sore thumb... I am really looking forward to this upcoming weekend.

Last Monday, I was out and about doing something, which I'll keep private. What wasn't an interesting experience for me was me driving back home from that. I had to deal with what had to be an impaired driver. I don't know if they were drunk, on drugs, mentally impaired, mentally ill, they had Alzheimer's, or what. I got around them as I was worried they'd get me into a wreck... then they started chasing after me! If I would have gotten their license plate number beforehand I would have used my phone to call the boys in blue but as I didn't, there was no easy way for me to do so and as after a few minutes they gave up and went elsewhere, I just forgot about it and made my way home. The way they added only confirmed my suspicions that they shouldn't have been on the road. And yes, driving on the road in Florida is still an aggravating experience, even if only you are in the car for a short amount of time. People still drive cluelessly and/or rudely.

Tuesday I did not do anything but Wednesday I went with someone to a place that the neither of us had been to in way too long, Hurricane Grill & Wings. We both rate their food highly so I can't explain why that was the case. What we had was pretty tasty. Thursday I did not do anything but Friday that was my most interesting day for sure. I had the option of doing several different things-including one which required a bit of time on the road-but I decided to visit a place I hadn't visited in years, Pointe Orlando. Due to location, a lack of things to do there and having to pay for parking, that explains why I haven't returned until now. Turns out, the place still doesn't have a lot to do so it will likely be a long while before I go back. Yet, what I did there was interesting. I thought about possibly seeing a film after dinner; things changed. I ate at a place I only hate at once before, BB King's Blues Club. I remember that place as being fine, and my memory was correct. It's a decent place that offers decent food. I could have done without the incredibly loud table filled with braying jackasses but I am sadly used to such idiocy in the Sunshine State. Even with that, I was still glad I went back there.

After that I went to a place I remember being there for awhile. It's the minus5 Ice Bar, which is exactly what it sounds like: a room that's at a freezer temperature and there is ice all over: sculptures, seats, the bar, etc. The price isn't cheap but with what I paid, I put on a parka & gloves and spent time in the room and had two drinks, which were included in the cost. I was the only customer there, but it was still cool to sit on an ice bench (it was covered with wolf skin), drink out of an ice cup, look at the multicolored LED lights and listen to random music, both old and new. It's something I'd do only once but it was still a memorable experience.

Saturday and Sunday, I ended up doing nothing either day. Saturday I thought of going somewhere to see the big UFC PPV, but I was not feeling 100% and I was just damn tired, so I stayed in instead. The show sounded fine and all, but that main event... at least I was able to view it online. Heck, I pretty much saw it in a Vine video, it was so short. Sunday, the Bears have looked so terrible for most of their games this year (even the ones they've won) that when they faced off against the Washington Redskins-a team who also plays terribly even if they win-I knew I wasn't gonna go anywhere to check it out. Boy was I correct there. Chicago lost yet another close game and I'd rather not speak more about it. Just in highlight form, it looked like a piss-poor contest.

When I return a week from today... Star Wars! I'll definitely be talking about that. I don't really have much else planned, but Episode VII will give me something to talk about, although of course I won't give out any sort of spoilers.

No comments:

Post a Comment