Monday, November 2, 2015

Pumpkin Smash, The Florida Mall, Chicken Now & The Terrible Bears

Here's a recap of what I've done in the past week and this is one of those odd weeks where the only real thing I did was during the weekend. I laid low during the week itself, not doing much besides going to a Wawa to get dinner one late afternoon and Walmart to get a new razor and some random items. I don't mean to be an International Man of Mystery but some parts of my life I do keep private on purpose, as I prefer it that way. I'll just say that it was traffic and some personal dealings that made me quite frustrated with humanity as I had to deal with the typical awful traffic and some incredibly rude and ignorant A-holes in person (my home life was fine so I am not referring to that) and I can never stand such things. I'll just move on from that and I hope that this upcoming weeks don't have such braying jackasses to deal with.

So, onto the weekend. Halloween I thought about doing something but I did not get the best night's sleep so I canceled those plans and did something else instead. I stopped at a Big Lots (where I got some random food & drink) then I went to the Florida Mall as I hadn't been there in at least 6 months. The main thing different is that the old cramped foot court is no more and now they have a huge fancy one with some new places. The only thing I purchased there was also food & drink items. I got food from Chicken Now and it did taste good. For drink I had something from Jamba Juice known as Pumpkin Smash and besides being appropriate for the day it was tasty.

It was pretty busy but I expected that. Some people dressed up for the day and that was nice. To be honest, though, some individuals I saw and I wasn't quite sure if they were in costume or not! The one adult male who dressed like he was in a gay pride parade... I am fine with such people but I am not sure if such an outfit was appropriate for a setting where many families were around. After that I went to the nearby Barnes & Noble then I drove home.

Sunday, it was a day of ups and downs. I went to the local Buffalo Wild Wings and I've had issues there in the past, and another one flared up on this day. Who knows when I'll be back there, but it may be a long while. The bar area was woefully understaffed and that was stupid on an NFL Sunday but the person behind there did a poor job and that did not help. I don't want to go into further details but there was plenty of stupid people around on that day and if that wasn't bad enough, the game vs. the Minnesota Vikings was hard to watch and despite that the Bears were actually winning late... until they soiled the bed and they lost. At least next Sunday I don't have to go anywhere as Chicago doesn't play until Monday night the 9th. I will just presume that they'll lose to the San Diego Chargers.

In the evening things improved. I returned to Disney Springs. I saw the latest (and supposed late) Paranormal Activity. Aside from the 4th one I've enjoyed all of them and mainly due to sheer goofiness and silliness I also enjoyed this entry. I then saw parts of the football and baseball games at the nearby Splitsville, where I had a frosty beverage. Between the Kansas City Royals and the New York Mets, it did not matter to me which teams won as neither team had won the World Series since the mid-80's. Congrats to the Royals.

When I return a week from today, I do have a few things planned, at least; hopefully all the plans happen and don't change.

No comments:

Post a Comment