Monday, November 16, 2015

Holly Holm, 862 Beer, & A Great Example of Schadenfreude

Here's a recap of what I've done since last Monday. On that day the only thing I did was at night, when I saw the Chicago Bears play against the San Diego Chargers. Neither team is really any good so the game wasn't the prettiest to watch. Yet, the Bears looked a little better than usual for this season and they actually won, which was nice. Tuesday, I returned to Universal CityWalk, where this time I got to walk around there and I also ate at an old favorite, Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville. I rate their Cheeseburgers in Paradise highly, so that was what I had again. I then briefly stopped at the NBC Sports Grill & Brew again, this time to have their third 862 beer they make on-site (I had the other two the first time I was there) and all three are fine concoctions.

On the way back a truly glorious moment happened. I rarely get to see it happen but whenever I see someone drive like an asshat and then they soon get pulled over, it always fills my heart with glee and joy. Well, it happened on this night. Even better, it happened because someone did something to me. A little earlier I saw an idiot on the road and he was driving like an idiot, including going too fast. Well, a little later I ended up in front of him and he suddenly was tailgating me then he blew by me going real fast and cut someone else. A cop happened to be hiding in the dark and saw what happened... that was the most hilarious instance of this that I had ever see in person.

Wednesday, I didn't do anything but Thursday, I returned to Walt Disney World, Epcot in particular. The Food & Wine Festival had its last day yesterday, so I figured I should go back there a second and last time. I was happy to get some exercise in some nice weather. I had some more food & drink and that was good. The special musical act playing there was HANSON. I remember when they were a huge deal so their performances being jam-packed was no surprise to me. What wasn't good... Facebook reminding me that on this date 3 years ago I got into that car accident. Despite some close calls I thankfully haven't been in any wrecks since then.

Friday, I did not do anything aside from be sad at what happened in Paris, so let me talk about the weekend. I ended up helping someone out so I did not go out to see the Chicago Bears play on Sunday. The St. Louis Rams are incredibly inconsistent but I still presumed that they'd win; thankfully I was wrong. The Bears not only won, but by a lot. That is always good, along with possibly not having to deal with dumbos if I had gone out. Besides, I went out the night before, to the Twin Peaks restaurant to see my first UFC pay per view in months. There are various reasons as to why I haven't seen one and I won't get into it here. I figured I should as the show was held in a retractable roof stadium in Melbourne, Australia and it drew a huge crowd. Also, the infamous Ronda Rousey fought in the main event.

Now, I expected that bought to go like all the others, and Ronda would dominate. What I had seen of Holly Holm in the UFC, she was less than dominant so despite her great boxing credentials I was not expecting anything to be different. My time at Twin Peaks went fine and I actually had no problem with the crowd there, which is always a relief. I had my almost always of a burger & fries and they always make a real good version of that. The show itself was fine, I guess, but it was all about the main event. I and everyone else was taken aback by how the fight went, how poor Ronda looked... but also what a great job Holly did in the ring. The ending got a huge reaction from the crowd, as expected. So yes I am glad I went and saw it live, especially considering that I wasn't sure at first if I was going to see the PPV.

When I return a week from today, I do have several interesting activities in mind and I hope all those plans come to fruition and they turn out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment