Monday, October 5, 2015

007, The Food & Wine Festival, Pocari Sweat, & Apple Strudel Shakes

Here's a recap of what I've done since last Monday. On Monday the 28th I did end up going somewhere. It was a MovieStop; this one was in Kissimmee. While there were some incredibly annoying people around and I felt bad for those poor old Magic: The Gathering group in the store trying to play a game while those jackasses were braying as loud as can be. However, I did spot that they had a box set of all the Bond films; I have them on DVD but with some of them, playback issues started happening, so now was the perfect time for an upgrade. After that I went to the place soon to be known as Disney Springs, and I ended up at Splitsville for a beverage and dessert, which was a Ghiradelli brownie with ice cream, chocolate sauce and sprinkles. Needless to say it was great.

Tuesday, I returned to that MovieStop as that was the day where I exchanged the 007 films I had on DVD and I included some other discs. As they are connected to GameStop, it's no surprise that what money I got back in return wasn't great; still, I used it to get the Bond Blu discs and 23 movies (almost all of them average at worst) for a little more than 100 bucks is something I won't complain about. After that I decided to eat at Larry's Giant Subs as it's far enough away from me where I can only eat there once in a blue moon, and I wish it was closer as I really like their sandwiches.

Wednesday, I went out with my parents to that Lilly's on the Lake restaurant I talked about last month.; everyone enjoyed their food. At least with me, I was amused by them having some wacky Halloween decorations up. Also, I ordered a root beer and somehow got a root beer float instead; not that I complained about it, mind you... it was good. Thursday, I went to Walt Disney World, Epcot in particular. I figured it was about time I used my pass again and visiting the Food & Wine Festival was a good idea. I walked around and had both food & drink, all of which I enjoyed. I had a random clear Chinese drink that was lychee flavored, but the highlight was Pocari Sweat, a Gatorade-like beverage made in Japan that's been around for years and I've heard of it for years as it has such a wacky name. I got it from a stand in the Japan area and it's a fine refreshing drink. I did not try any of the alcoholic beverages on sale, although I plan on being back there before the festival is over with and I can always do that then. But I definitely won't be like the fools who go there during the Food & Wine Festival and the Flower & Garden Festival and act like clowns because they can imbibe a large amount of alcohol in a short amount of time.

Friday, I had to be in Orlando for something and I had the free time to go to Winter Park and while there I ate at a Shake Shack and not only had a burger but also an apple strudel milkshake, which was in fact as good as it sounds. Saturday, I did not go out to see the UFC pay per view, or even illegally watch it. I am still feeling pretty blah about that company and dealing with the braying jackass crowd of a sports bar watching college football (the Florida Gators were playing in the evening so I know all of them would be packed) was not something I felt like dealing with. The only thing I did was in the afternoon, and it was to go to the car wash as the vehicle was pretty filthy.

Sunday, I once again did not feel like going out and watching that crappy team known as the Chicago Bears. I expected them to lose against the Oakland Raiders and from what I saw it was an ugly game but yet somehow Chicago squeaked out a victory; good for them. When I return a week from today, I don't have much planned... yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment