Monday, September 28, 2015

Giraffas, Psycho, Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar & Not Watching Bad Football

Here's a recap of what I've done in the past week. Last Monday I didn't do a thing so let me skip ahead to Tuesday. The night before I heard about a restaurant called Giraffas and it was in reference to some people hearing about it and having no idea what it was... which was the same boat I was in. I used Google and discovered it was a popular Brazilian quick service restaurant which after its success in its native country opened some stores in Florida, including two locations in Orlando. 

Tuesday I went to the location on Mills Avenue and holy cow was the traffic this past week absolutely brutal, especially on this day. I know I talk about it all the time but it was really bad. Multiple people weaving in and out of traffic, tailgating, the typical rude ignorant behavior, etc. It got to the point of being infuriating. It's a shame I rolled in there in a bad mood, as they do make good food. They don't have too many items on the menu but as it's a quick service place and most of it is Brazilian dishes, I understand. They do have a burger and fries and needless to say, that's what I had. I enjoyed that and the Brazilian soda known as Guarana Antarctica, which I hear is even more popular than Coca Cola down there. If it was closer I'd go there more often but I will give them a plug.

Wednesday, I went and saw Psycho on the big screen. It was presented by Fathom Events all across the country. I saw that classic film on the big screen once before, years ago. I was happy to see it again as it's a great motion picture. Heck, I saw the crappy 1998 shot for shot remake on the big screen back in late '98 and I was like every other vocal member of the audience in thinking it was not good. I went to the future Disney Springs to watch the film. Beforehand I ate at the T. Rex Cafe. The food is pricey there but at least it's good and the theme is great. Even before that I went in a new place there called Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar; it's a minor character from Raiders of the Lost Ark... he was the pilot in the beginning, to be specific. It's more a 30's airplane hangar inside than a joint with a strong Indiana Jones theme but that's OK. It was still cool. It's mainly a bar with some appetizers served. The menu has many references to the franchise, at least, although nothing about “No time for love, Dr. Jones!”, which is a fan favorite.

Thursday through Saturday I did not do much of note, which was fine by me. Sunday, I had to make another airport run, which was also fine by me. Going somewhere to see the Bears game was out of the question; besides missing their QB and their best wide receiver, they were playing against one of the best teams in the entire NFL in the Seattle Seahawks, so I knew it would not be a competitive contest. Well, it turned out to be a bad game in another way; from what I saw on the NFL Redzone Channel (which I did not pay attention to the entire time), in the first half both teams played bad and it seemed like such a dreadful contest, then the second half Seattle pulled away. I am especially glad I stayed home.

Sunday night, I made the airport run and it was rainy weather most of the way to Sanford; some of it was pretty bad, and of course people drove even worse than usual in the rain, as it always happens. At least it did not rain on the way back. While in Sanford I stopped at a Walmart to get something, I got gas there, then I went to a nearby PDQ for a shake and cookie before I picked up that person and went back home. As for the upcoming week, I do have a few things in mind so when I come back next Monday it shouldn't be a dull post.

No comments:

Post a Comment