Monday, October 19, 2015

Benny Hill, The Shining, & Watching Atrocious Football

Here's what I've done since last Monday; that day itself I went to a Walmart and that was a standard trip there. Tuesday was more interesting. Every Cinepolis theatre shows old movies every Tuesday at 7 PM, and the film this time was The Shining; it wasn't even the first time I got to see it on the big screen but the last viewing overall for me was awhile ago, so I did not want to turn down that opportunity. The turnout was alright. As it's assigned seating I ended up in front of some British people; really. More on that in a bit.

My first time there was bad, the second time was better and thankfully the third experience was fine. The lady who helped me out that first time was there again and considering that she brought out my food instead of placing it on the counter for me to get... she must have remembered me. Really, I am an unforgettable sort of person. As for the film, it was quite nice seeing it that way. All the Brits enjoyed it, including a gal who had never seen it before. The biggest reaction she had to the film.. .the scene with the guy in the bear suit! Not an overreaction to me, especially considering how odd and random it was.

Wednesday, I made yet another airport run, this time picking someone up from Orlando International. Before that I went to the city of Celebration and I went to the Market Street Cafe, a place I've been to a few times before. Their food is fine and that was the case again on this day. I had an Oreo shake there, which was pretty good. I am thinking that this upcoming week I'll return to the town, walk around for a bit and try out another restaurant instead of going to the same old places.

Thursday, the only thing I did was go to the local library as I hadn't been there in a long while. The only thing I got was a one week rental of a DVD set that has some episodes of the Benny Hill Show. I may be mistaken as this would have been when I was very young but I have far-away memories of seeing episodes of it on PBS. I haven't watched everything on the discs so far but what I've seen, it has been amusing.

Friday and Saturday I thought about doing things but as I am old and tired (instead of old and wise, as I like to say) I decided not to. At least Sunday I went out and about. I returned to the Friendly Confines restaurant/bar to see the Chicago Bears play against the Detroit Lions, who are so bad the Bears had a good chance of winning. Well, the game was awful all around; both teams played like crap and the officials (I am not someone who blindly bashes them like most people do; blaming the refs for something when they were typically right or they just made a mistake... a great reason why I dislike most sports fans, to be honest) were horrible. They blew many calls and both teams benefited or were hampered by that.

Then, it went into overtime and that's when it got REAL bad. It's as if the teams wanted to play to a scoreless 15 minutes, thus resulting in a tie game. As I had lunch there then ordered dinner to bring back home to me and someone else, I was not happy about that, and I did have to heat up my food as I got home, as I did not think it'd be an overtime contest. Anyhow, Detroit won and I am not too sad that Chicago doesn't play this upcoming weekend due to it being a bye week for them. At least the food was good and it was nice to see some regular fans who I've seen watch games there for years now. But I could have done without the “sports fans” there who yelled and bellowed over minor things or getting seriously angry over a dopey sport like football. I could have done without being yelled in my ear.

When I return next Monday, I do have some interesting things planned and I'll be watching some old and good movies on the big screen too.

No comments:

Post a Comment