Monday, October 12, 2015

Christopher Cross, Pumpkin Cider, Mountain Dew: Game Fuel & Free Food

Here's what I've done this past week. I didn't do anything this past Monday so let me mention some things I did not discuss in my last post:

1 When I was at Epcot for the Food & Wine Festival, the musical act that played there (in half hour concerts a few times a day) was Christopher Cross. I was amused as talk about a one album wonder... although considering that a reason why his career as a big deal was so brief was his physical appearance and how he wasn't exactly Elvis in his prime... that is kind of crappy. I only heard part of it but if you know his hit songs, that's what he played.

2 On that Friday, it was the final game of the Australian Football League season; I haven't mentioned that in months but I still try to watch it when I can. The championship game was won by Hawthorn over West Coast in a not competitive contest. The next season does not begin until March.

Tuesday, I ended up in Winter Park so I got some sodas from Rocket Fizz then I ate at the nearby BurgerFi. At 3 AM that next morning I had to make another airport run, this time to Orlando International to drop someone off. On the way back I stopped at a Denny's, where an option is to make your own Grand Slam Breakfast and that's what I did, with pancakes, a biscuit, bacon and sausage links.

Let me skip ahead to Thursday, where I returned to a location for the first time in months; that location was the World of Beer! I went there for dinner and some drinks; they were all related to this time of year, including pumpkin cider from Ace; that was pretty good. I had my almost always of a burger and fries, and I was about to leave when, out of nowhere, one of the bartenders came up to me and asked if I wanted free food. Someone screwed up and there was an extra giant pretzel. Well, it wasn't a food item that wasn't to my tastes so I definitely did not turn that down, although I was pretty full by the time I left.

The rest of the week was dull so let me mention at this point that I discovered there was a new Mountain Dew: Game Fuel. Throughout the years there's been a few times where for a limited time they put out a new flavor of Game Fuel and it's tied to a then hot videogame; in the past it was games like Halo 3, World of Warcraft, and some Call of Duty entries. Now it's based on Call of Duty: Black Ops III and there's two versions; the citrus cherry that's usually a part of it and what I stumbled on, which was Berry Lime and it's pretty good. They have even more caffeine than regular Mountain Dew, as I am sure that's what all the “1337 gamers” want.

Now I'll skip ahead to Sunday. Once again I stayed in and didn't go out to see the Chicago Bears game in full. I expected them to lose against Kansas City, even though the Chiefs aren't that good themselves; some key Bears players were injured and didn't play. Well, a key Chief got hurt himself and Chicago pulled out another victory out of their butts at the last minute. I am glad they won and I saw some bits and pieces of it on the NFL Red Zone Channel but for all I know it would have been a bad game to watch in full. I may go out this upcoming Sunday to see them play against the Lions, as the Bears are a decent team and have it together compared to them.

When I return a week from today... as I typically say there's not much on the agenda yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment