Monday, August 3, 2015

The Hot Rod, Smokehouses & Mission: Impossible-Rogue Nation

As a pro wrestling fan I of course have to state that I was quite shocked when I heard late Friday afternoon that Rowdy Roddy Piper had passed away. What a character he was. I saw him wrestle on TV countless numbers of times, heard him be a commentator, and otherwise be a wrestling personality. He was around since I started watching wrestling way back when so that news did make me sad.

Anyhow, I did not do anything on Monday and Tuesday the only thing I did was go out with someone to a Florida chain we hadn't been to in a long while: Beef O'Brady's. Their food is fine so we were fine going there. In the evening I returned to the place that eventually will be Disney Springs. I wanted to see what was new (I had a tasty donut while I was there) and also, I went to see a film. In the few days before this I saw again the first three Mission: Impossible movies. The first one is cool, the second and third less so. AMC Theatres again did a charity thing during the summer where they bring back older films and you see them for only 5 bucks. I saw the 4th M:I movie that way, and I hadn't seen it since I watched it on the big screen back in late 2011. I do still dig it and the long Dubai segment is awesome.

Wednesday was another dull day so onto Thursday. I had yet another airport run to make in the evening. Unfortunately there were even more problems with that low-rent airline. There were airplane problems so that person came in a few hours late and I picked them up about 5 minutes before 1 in the morning. I felt bad for that person as they ended up having a long day but for me, I had the opportunity to see the new Mission: Impossible movie. I saw it on the giant screen they have at the Epic Theatres way up in Deltona; as I went to the Sanford Airport the timing worked out where I could do it. The movie I enjoyed about as much as Ghost Protocol, which is similar and different to Rogue Nation. At least the drive up there and back went fine, at least in terms of Florida traffic.

Friday through Sunday, things weren't as exciting and I am OK with that. Friday I got gas and then went to Winter Garden Village (the outdoor mall I mention often) where I went to Best Buy and purchased some minor items. Saturday, it was a UFC pay per view in Brazil where Ronda Rousey was in the main event. I did not go out to see it although I still saw the main event (nevermind how), where the result was expected. For plenty of reasons I have soured on the UFC and plus, they don't show pay per views on the big screen any longer. So, I didn't feel like finding a sports bar to attend and see what I think is now a pretty awful promotion that is run horribly, and watch a show that overall wasn't too great and oh yeah it was also a 4 hour pay per view that didn't end until like 1:30 in the morning. No thank you.


Sunday, I actually did do something; I went with my parents to a restaurant; it was a small chain with a few locations in this part of the state known as Oakwood Smokehouse. I've talked about that place before and their food is fine so I had no problem going there and both the experience and food were indeed fine. The fact that it did not rain (which it has done often this past week) was nice too. As for when I return next Monday, I have some ideas in mind when it comes to things to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment