Monday, August 24, 2015

Pig Goat Banana Cricket, The Man From U.N.C.L.E. & Being Obstreperous

It was not me who was being obstreperous. I recently heard that word (meaning “noisy and difficult to control”) used elsewhere and as it's me I was amused to see that obscure term on a podcast. I won't go into details but I encountered some people in the past week who fit that bill. I also recently discovered that there's a new Nick TV show called Pig Goat Banana Cricket and apparently it's pretty bad. Just from looking at pictures of the characters, what a literally ugly-looking cartoon. I wish things were like back in the day when I regularly got to see Looney Tunes cartoons on television and such programs like the original Teenage Mutant Turtles or Batman: The Animated Series.

Anyhow, this past Monday all I did was go to a Staples to pick up some random items, Tuesday was dull and Wednesday, things were more interesting. I went and got a much-needed haircut, and in the evening I returned to a place I only went to once before. Back in June I talked (maybe “ranted” is a better term) about going to a new theatre on US Highway 27 (always a highway with awful traffic) known as Cinepolis to see Jurassic World. Besides the film itself being awful, I also had a pretty bad customer experience there, not helped by how that place is much more about aesthetics than customer ease or satisfaction. Still, I decided to give them another chance. It was far less busy, which was nice, and I had no issues. Then again, I just got a soda and popcorn at concessions. As 27 is such an awful drive, who knows how often I'll feel like returning there. As I live near a major city there are many theatres I can go to, including one only a few miles from where I live.

The movie I saw was The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Not even my parents saw the original 60's TV show. I still gave it a chance and well, I can only rate it as about average. I wish that Henry Cavill wouldn't have been constantly hammy to the point of annoyance and creepiness, and a story of some substance. A shame, as the early 60's setting, music, and fashion were all groovy. I also have to admit that both Rebecca Ferguson and Alicia Vikander are attractive Swedish actresses who have broken out this summer in big roles.

Thursday, I went out with someone to a nearby restaurant we hadn't been to in a long while: Texas Roadhouse. We both enjoyed our meals. Friday and Saturday I didn't do a thing, which I was fine with. Sunday, I did actually go somewhere: Walmart, mainly for some soda. As I am done taking about the week, let me make the aside that this past week was a rare occasion I saw an 80's Rolls Royce sedan on the highway; they are ether the Silver Shadow or the longer wheelbase Silver Spur. They get only like 8 miles a gallon but I imagine still have a great ride and are comfortable.

I don't have much on the docket for the upcoming week; as always I'll stumble into things to talk about.

No comments:

Post a Comment